Christian Benteke

Kwan

AVFC OFFICIAL have just retweeted the kit launch photo with our .christian in it, I take this as a sign that he is staying...........and that we have a new kit.

I could be wrong on both counts.

• Like 1

I would take Markovic. He will be a big player.

really?
Yeh. Plus money of course. I saw him a few times for Benfica. He is quality. Didn't really happen for him last season for a number of reasons but I reckon he will impress this year.

Fair enough. I know he's young but I've not seen anything from him to suggest he would be particularly great, although in fairness he would do ok with us. I just think there's enough options out there (and players we have) that would do just as well for us that we don't have to settle on doing a deal with them.

Despite him having been good for us......I get the ken Goodwin catch phrase " I'm too good for this place" from him.

I think it's time up....and I hope we get the money we want and he gets the move he clearly wants.

I don't want to go in to a new season with a hound dog look from our centre forward.....I want a vibrant effervescent hungry player who is hell bent on scoring goals and wants to be with us and that's what our other players deserve.

We have been here too many times now with Christian .......it's getting tedious.

Totally, to move on we don't need someone lurching round the pitch waiting for balls...with the other players playing knock-knock-lump.

It can just shackle our team sometimes, when this is the underlying goal...lump it to the big man.  I want to see improvements all round the park, with everyone chipping in with goals...not relying on one man to keep us up.

"Wanting to be here" specifically isn't absolutely essential, as long as we have a team of people who're hungry to impress...hungry to win and hungry to succeed.  If we're the "springboard" club for some, then that's okay as long as they use our platform as the showcase to impress from then I'm okay with that.  We have to accept our position, as long as we get a good team of players in...it's likely they're here to get a foot in the door with the prem.

Then you never know, a load of players striving to impress making a good team...Villa do well...they might even want to stay! :)

First we need the money, then we can improve the team overall.  Come on livershite, get your finger out ya arses.

I think Rodgers is under big pressure this season and his signings need to come off or be well backed by plop fans so with all the negative talk by them on Benteke this might not happen! I'm sure fans media talk philtres through and has some baring when the manager is under pressure! Grasping at straws with this but he has got to get it right and £32m+ for a player that has not got the majority of the fans behind him is a big gamble witch he has already done with mario!

Spot on. I don't think he will take the chance. It would be their record signing.

Andy Carroll & his £35m price tag say hello.

I thought he was 32M?

Forgot him but didn't queen kenny buy him? I just think Rodgers can't risk it!

Need this done quickly so we can get spending. It will sicken me a bit to see him in a Liverpool jersey but they are probably the only team that will pay the release clause. If he joins them I'll be hoping to see him fail, not because I don't like him but because I detest Liverpool, just about any other club and I'd be giving him my best wishes.

Dont' know how people can be wishing away our best player by hoping teams bid for him. I don't want him to join Liverpool either but that's only because I hope he stays at Villa.

• Like 1

If I thought for a second that there was a risk he'd sulk if he stayed with us then I might be in that camp too, but Euro 2016 completely eliminates that fear for me. Benteke will be a machine next season.

• Like 1

I'm keeping the faith that he's staying.

Interestingly, even though everyone is speaking about Benteke like he is already a Liverpool player, and loads of rumours that they activated the release clause spread last night, the odds on him staying or going hasn't shifted at all from 2pm yesterday.

If it was as close as people are saying it is I would imagine the odds would shift to reflect that. As it did with Delph.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Â