Christian Benteke

Kwan

I wouldn't rule out Man City coming in for Benteke either. If they sell Dzeko it leaves them with Aguero, Bony, Jovetic and Pozo to play probably around 60 games. 

I would completely rule them out. Bony AND Benteke as effectively backups?

I wouldn't rule out Man City coming in for Benteke either. If they sell Dzeko it leaves them with Aguero, Bony, Jovetic and Pozo to play probably around 60 games. 

I would completely rule them out. Bony AND Benteke as effectively backups?

Well if they play around 60 games they wouldn't be back ups. Suspensions, injuries and form all come into play. Who knows they may even sell Jovetic too. 

Anybody heard about the 32.5m clause expiring on the 1st of July hence why Liverpool have now completely backed off because it didn't happen before then? Sounds like BS but great if true

They must have some kind of protection against someone coming in on the last day of transfer window and paying the clause..

Liverpool 'we rate Sterling 15mil more than Benteke'. Go and get the deal done with Villa. Wouldn't be first time they done it. I'm sure there could be a couple of realistic players we could take from City.

I personally think we should sell Benteke if we get an offer of £32.5m.

Having that injection of cash gives us the opportunity to improve our squad. Liverpool and Spurs didn't take their opportunity when trying to re-invest Suarez and Bale cash. We have to be far more savvy but I think there is a good chance of us being better off with say 3x £10m players and no Benteke vs just having Benteke.

If United are in we could try some swaps. Jonny Evans and Hernandez would improve us.

looks like Chicarito going mls

Not sure why they would get rid of dzeko and replace with Benteke. I rate Benteke, but starting regularly dzeko is a much better player

Not sure why they would get rid of dzeko and replace with Benteke. I rate Benteke, but starting regularly dzeko is a much better player

Dzeko in England - 71 in 185. He's 29.

Benteke - 49 in 100. He's 24 and in a squad where he gets worse service than Dzeko.

I know which player I'd prefer and his name rhymes with Denteke. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately I think plop are just waiting for the Sterling deal to be wrapped up. Its obvious they cannot pay the 32.5 without selling Sterling.

I do not think that they want to give us £32.5m for Benteke.

If they had they could have done that already. They have bought other players in the window so it seems like their fans they don't rate our player quite as highly as we do.

They tried to get away with a lower price by offering £25m & 2 over valued players they wanted rid of but we turned that down. I hope that is the end of it with them but I'm sure the press will try to keep the story running because they just cannot accept that our players might want to spend another season at a club at which they are appreciated.  

Unfortunately I think plop are just waiting for the Sterling deal to be wrapped up. Its obvious they cannot pay the 32.5 without selling Sterling.

If they had they could have done that already. They have bought other players in the window so it seems like their fans they don't rate our player quite as highly as we do.

They tried to get away with a lower price by offering £25m & 2 over valued players they wanted rid of but we turned that down. I hope that is the end of it with them but I'm sure the press will try to keep the story running because they just cannot accept that our players might want to spend another season at a club at which they are appreciated.  

you say all that like its FACT. didn't our club say there had been no contact from any club with regards Benteke ?

I think Liverpool arrogantly thought that a combination of the 'lure of Liverpool' and their mates in the media could force a move through at a lower value.

• Like 1

49mil ..and they have audacity to question 32mil for Benteke

cant argue they haven't got that kind of money now for one player..they couldnt anyway with the amount they have spent on Firmino

if they want him they'll get it done quick surely.

Is it unreasonable to assume Man City won't be wiring 49,000,000 straight to Liverpool Football Club Bank Account? that must be instalments. And does a buy out clause like the alleged one in Bentekes contract have to be paid in full? It can't be as simple as now they have the money they'll pay it.

I question the 32.5 figure anyway.

£49m for Sterling. They've got no chance of getting Benteke for less than £32.5m now.

Not that they really had a chance anyway but (hopefully) the media won't start blabbering on about us pricing Benteke out of a move or some shit like that.

Pay up or **** off.

Â