Christian Benteke

Kwan

Absolutely nothing anywhere to indicate to me that there has been any bid from anyone. Lot's of media shit, but that is not the same thing.

Exactly, so far it seems all we are going on is what "talk sport understands"

Which is essentially club call rebranded.

54d46015dd1f0_-_esq-taken-de.jpg

I know exactly who you are,

I know exactly what you want,

Pay the £32m and we will forget this ever happened.

But

If you offer me any more your tat,

If I hear the words 'Rickie Lambert' again,

I will look for you, I will find you,

And I will kill you.

You Slaaaaag.

Frank Lampard would never call somebody a slag.

• Like 2

What's good at the moment is that the standard Liverpool tactic of using the media to put pressure on is backfiring nicely.

They'd really like for us (the Villa fanbase) to be getting very frustrated and just wanting to get the whole thing over with, they'd like us to be putting pressure on the club to get a deal done quickly. The ideal for them is Benteke booed at a pre-season friendly or for local radio to be filled with fans saying, "let him go...he doesn't want to be here....we need to take what we can get...we don't want this to last until the last day of the window" etc - it's not happening.

The reason it's not happening is linked to what is for me the single most fascinating thing in English football - the insanity of Liverpool and their status - this is a club that is struggling incredibly with their downsizing over the last two decades, that bat shit crazy thing their fans do with media fatwas and cries that Jordan Henderson is the best player in the world, Sterling is worth £100m, or Benteke isn't good enough for them are linked to this utter refusal in their heads to accept that they aren't the biggest football club in the world. They're not. They're Tottenham with a (shrinking) global fanbase.

And don't get me wrong, I sympathise, we've struggled with accepting our place in the modern Premier league, I hate it and I wish it were different - but we don't seem to have quite caught the insanity - and we understand things a bit better, we see more clearly, we've become used to losing our best players from time to time and we know that life goes on.

Anyway, because of the insanity, they seem to believe that the likes of Lambert, who plays for Liverpool, the greatest football club in the world must be a world class player who'd be taking a massive step down to play for us - therefore whilst he might only be worth a million or so in Liverpool terms, to a club like us, so far beneath them, he'd be the best player we'd ever had, because I mean, he's capable of playing for Liverpool (the greatest club in the world) so he must be massively better than our players.

The great thing about this is, that rather than getting frustrated with Benteke, we, the better adjusted Villa fans are patiently sitting here waiting for someone to find £32.5m and they, the badly adjusted Liverpool fanbase, are getting confused as to why their offers aren't being taken seriously or making Villa fans really, really angry.

At the moment, they're expecting us to get more and more desperate, more and more tense - when in fact, it looks like we've pretty much stopped listening unless someone has the money, They're expecting fan pressure on the board, when actually the fans are tittering at their reported bids, they're expecting us to fold up and we really don't give two hoots.

As long as we stay patient, it's those that are truly desperate that will show their desperation. Liverpool need this transfer, if they can't afford to buy a striker from us, it's one more thing that might force them into the completely unacceptable proposition of having to face up to not being a big club anymore.

Get comfy, don't panic and enjoy their desperation.

Haha, very good.  You call it insanity, I call it downright delusion.  I guess the two are somewhat related.

I believe neither her nor talksport.  That doesn't mean that as a control group either of them won't get the odd thing right though from time to time.

1745c3c5cb49d842d309f06a677dd8b3.png

Not sure how many of you follow her on twitter but she gets a fair few things correct, could be guess work but I believe her over TalkSport.

So if something comes out in the next couple of hours she will either pass it off as indirect talks or delete the tweet

Benteke can talk to Liverpool all he likes or doesn't like. Nothing will change unless they stump up the buy out. I actually think the more they delay the more it'll back fire as once we are sold Benteke could be at a cash rich club ready to invest heavily to get up the league.

I believe neither her nor talksport. That doesn't mean that as a control group either of them won't get the odd thing right though from time to time.

She has actually gotten quite a bit right thus far.

I keep being told this and I keep asking - what?

I believe neither her nor talksport. That doesn't mean that as a control group either of them won't get the odd thing right though from time to time.

I keep being told this and I keep asking - what?

Her bowel movements perhaps?

I believe neither her nor talksport.  That doesn't mean that as a control group either of them won't get the odd thing right though from time to time.

I have it on good authority that the bird on Twitter is 100% full of it. Now someone post the actual bird from Twitter  :) 

Well there is one fairly sizeable point in keeping him, in my view. The goals that he'll score in the run-up to a Euro Championships year trying to impress Marc Wilmots.

So yes, I'd keep him unless someone pays up.

• Like 4

Exactly.  Think about it.  He has already missed the world cup.  There is no way in hell he is going to jeopardise another major tournament.  He will play out of his skin next season regardless of who he is playing for.  So we keep him unless the sale is triggered.  Simple as that.

• Like 3

Â