Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think juve might do us a favour with dybala and mandzukic, if Llorente is available it'll probably be for around £10m with his age which will be seen as better business than benteke, the fact that he's 30, already on huge wages and already declining will be lost on them, but it'll keep them happy for a while...

Express reporting that Man City are going to meet Liverpool's £50m asking price for Sterling. If that happens I can't see how Liverpool can expect to get Benteke for less than our asking price.

im pretty sure they are aware its meet the clause or bog off

probably why there looking at llorente & bacca

My mate who is a Liverpool fan says that their itk (yes I know it can be hit and miss info same as us) reckons Rodgers really wants Benteke and would pay the release fee. However, the transfer board they have would rather not spend much on him. Some people seem to think someday the club won't Rodgers gone but won't sack him and so are trying to make him quit by doing stuff he doesn't want or not bidding in Benteke, getting rid of assistant manager etc...

It seems to be getting to a point where the clubs that could sign him are running out. City, Chelsea and Arsenal don't seem to be in the running at all, United have been very loosely linked, while Liverpool and Spurs seem unlikely to spend the 32.5 million.

The big but not elite European clubs just don't spend that kind of money.

Liverpool still seem the most likely destination but if the Llorente link proves true then it shows they are seeking what they deem better value.

• Like 1

I don't actually think he is actually worth 32.5 million and doubt he would fit in to a team that like to play a passing style. I was quite surprised to read how poor his passing accuracy is.

He is priceless for us but I would be surprised if any of the big clubs will pay that fee for him.

• Like 4

I don't actually think he is actually worth 32.5 million and doubt he would fit in to a team that like to play a passing style. I was quite surprised to read how poor his passing accuracy is.

He is priceless for us but I would be surprised if any of the big clubs will pay that fee for him.

i get what your saying i dont think he is worth that much however we are in an age where players like bony cost 30m and its a case of well if bony is worth 30m then benteke is worth the same if not more.

i get what your saying i dont think he is worth that much however we are in an age where players like bony cost 30m and its a case of well if bony is worth 30m then benteke is worth the same if not more.

I guess a players value is what someone is prepared to pay and if nobody will offer 32.5M does that mean he is not worth it?

I guess a players value is what someone is prepared to pay and if nobody will offer 32.5M does that mean he is not worth it?

yeh i would just say hes worth 32.5m to us given with him in the team i dont think we'll ever get relegated. Just isnt worth 32.5m for top teams

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

He'll go Spurs if Kane goes to Man Utd or Liverpool if Sterling leaves.

If he does go we can't mess about buying loads of crud for £5 million better to spend the majority of it on a proven, prolific goal scorer. Otherwise we will be relegated.

One world class player is better than 5 average players. Just look at Livepool (Suarez) and Spurs (Bale).

Which top class would join us? We'd have to so like Southampton have done recently.

Plus if we spent all our budget on one striker snd they got injured like Benteke did, we'd more than likely be in a relegation battle. We can't be reliant on one person.

Agreed. Earnings have to be spread out. 3 Decent players would get us to mid table. 

Bony was a January transfer though, and it was City who came knocking (probably drove the price up)

Express reporting that Man City are going to meet Liverpool's £50m asking price for Sterling. If that happens I can't see how Liverpool can expect to get Benteke for less than our asking price.

Yes it means they will have the funds to meet the release clause. I really think that he's going to Liverpool. 

Yes it means they will have the funds to meet the release clause. I really think that he's going to Liverpool. 

Not if he has any ambition to win things!

• Like 1

Like others have said he's not good enough for Chelsea, Arsenal or Man City. Liverpool are best he's going to get in England.

I don't think it's a case of him not being good enough but more a case of him not suiting their styles.

I do think he could work for Chelsea's more direct approach though.

He'll go Spurs if Kane goes to Man Utd or Liverpool if Sterling leaves.

If he does go we can't mess about buying loads of crud for £5 million better to spend the majority of it on a proven, prolific goal scorer. Otherwise we will be relegated.

One world class player is better than 5 average players. Just look at Livepool (Suarez) and Spurs (Bale).

Which top class would join us? We'd have to so like Southampton have done recently.

Plus if we spent all our budget on one striker snd they got injured like Benteke did, we'd more than likely be in a relegation battle. We can't be reliant on one person.

I agree with this and this is our current problem we rely heavily on one player. If he is injured or plays poorly we struggle. We need a squad of quality players to cope with bad form/injuries

Yes, we need Benteke along with a squad of quality players. You do not become a better team very often by selling your best player or avoid relegation by selling the player that has made a habit of keeping you up. 

Â