Christian Benteke

Kwan

In Bonys defense, its kinda hard to score goals when you are a £30million benchwarmer.

Bony is more proven than Lukaku imo. He has done the business in 3 different leagues and internationally. Lukaku has just regressed.

• Like 1

I don't think I'd take that deal for Benteke. I'd rather we just kept him to be honest. I do think it's a good offer for him if Townsend is part of the deal, but I'd rather have Townsend putting in crosses for Benteke. Like all these things it depends how we'd go about replacing him. If we have a decent striker in mind to replace him with then it could be great business, but I fear another Milner style transfer which was pretty horrible.

• Like 1

The way I read that article was that it meant £25m package including townsend, so probably £15m plus townsend is what spurs would be offering.

Yes that sounds about right for Spurs. They under value our player by £7.5m and over value their own by around £5m. I would slam the phone down on them after offering them £5m for Townsend just to give them a taste of how that sort of bid feels.  

In Bonys defense, its kinda hard to score goals when you are a £30million benchwarmer.

Bony is more proven than Lukaku imo. He has done the business in 3 different leagues and internationally. Lukaku has just regressed.

yes but theres a reason why hes a £30mil benchwarmer...because he just isnt good enough for city/top4. The most bizarre 30mil that city have spent

Edited by gharperr

no point signing wingers if a) theyre just going to sit on the bench or B) no strikers to provide to, and we need proven strikers at that which isn't going to be cheap, replacing benteke is a big concern

No way is Townsend worth 7.5m, and why should we take less than 32.5 m .?

For me, I'd prefer the money invested in the team. When Benteke has an off day (and let's face it, they've started to become more and more frequent), we look dreadful, as we're set up for him to do all the scoring.

If he stays this summer, then great, we keep one of our best players in a long time, but then what money so we get for him next summer? If he has an absolutely blinding season, then what's the best we can hope for? £25m? We're not going to still say 'release clause or nothing', because we'll just lose him for free the next summer.

Also, I know Vlaar and Benteke are completely different scenarios, but last summer we were all hoping we could hang on to Vlaar. Whereas, in hindsight, if we'd had a £10m offer for him, we'd have been better taking it. I feel like that needs to be considered when any official offers come in for Benteke.

Yes indeed, benteke is great and all when scoring...but his off days mean we lose.

We could have a better team overall (more consistent, mid table), with 32m spent on improving it. Which would be better than a team with benteke and no 32m spent on improving it.

Of course, both would be great...investment + keep benteke. But we gotta be real under our current chump owner.

Glad Man City have offered £40m for Sterling. We have a much better chance of getting £32.5m for Benteke if he goes there.

I'd rather Man. City or anyone dosen't sign Sterling as I imagine once he leaves Liverpool will start coming in with low bids for Benteke to test the water.

Dont think Villa will sell him unless someone offers the 32.5m contract clause & then they will have no choice but to sell him. If it does happen lets hope it is not on transfer deadline day &  gives us time to invest in new players, 

Dont think Villa will sell him unless someone offers the 32.5m contract clause & then they will have no choice but to sell him. If it does happen lets hope it is not on transfer deadline day &  gives us time to invest in new players, 

So in that sense we'd be better off if the Sterling to City transfer is done sooner rather than later. 

Â