Christian Benteke

Kwan

Sanchez had a pop yesterday I think about only winning the FA cup not being good enough, there won't be many clubs in Europe with the kind of money it would take to get him though

I hope we will be one of them shortly...Lets rescue him from his Arsenal nightmare as soon as we have our new owner(s) in place to play alongside Benteke (that would be some statement of intent)!  ;)

• Like 1

If that's true then this may be the most important moment of the summer for us transfer wise.

If he resigns, I think we've got a mid-table finish ahead. We'll be able to attract better players in the transfer market, our team will have a solid spine, and the lads will be much more confident going into next season.

If not, it'll be a signal to CL clubs to go and get him and we'll struggle to replace him.

• Like 1

If that's true then this may be the most important moment of the summer for us transfer wise.

If he resigns, I think we've got a mid-table finish ahead. We'll be able to attract better players in the transfer market, our team will have a solid spine, and the lads will be much more confident going into next season.

If not, it'll be a signal to CL clubs to go and get him and we'll struggle to replace him.

Just to elaborate on that bleak 'if not' scenario; we'll also have an extra £20/25m+ to spend on new players to hopefully make us less of a 'one man team'.

Swings and roundabouts.

Resigns is an interesting typo. Took me a minute to work out what you were on about!

No one is beating our door down to meet the transfer release fee of £32.5m yet and benteke knows we will not negotiate with anyone until its met at least.

Chances are it wont be met and he'll be here next season, so he may as well sign a new contract, improve his money and look to leave after the euros.

With new owners, benteke could be jumping the gun wanting to leave. I'm sure they will want to keep our biggest asset and try and improve the squad around him.

I'd just point out that just because it's not being splashed across the Daily Mirror or the Guardian doesn't mean that we're not having our door beaten down.  Given the usually secretive nature of transfers (when they're done right), for all we know there could be any amount of teams talking to us about him.  Yes of course there could also be none.  The point is that counting the amount of newspaper articles about him moving are not necessarily a good gauge on the subject.

• Like 1

Would anyone take him signing a new deal with the release clause raised only slightly, say to £35 million?

I think Benteke is capable of being one of the best strikers in Europe but I can't see us getting much more than £35 million for him.

• Like 1

Â