Christian Benteke

Kwan

Personally I think TS should keep his mouth shut. OK there may be a £32.5m buy out clause but none of us know the precise wording so I think everyone should stop panicking about what might happen. IF there is a clause that allows him to talk to other clubs at that price it does not necessarily mean we have to accept that price nor does it mean he wants to go, subject to the precise wording of course. I would imagine if he was 'in play' there would me more than just Liverpool interested something the Liverpool loving media have totally overlooked but lets not forget their hard ons just won't subside when talking about the 'mighty' Liverpool. They already have Sturridge and will probably get Ings too so where does Beneteke fit in that mix?

I think CB would be a huge loss and we should do everything in our power to keep him rather than meekly accept Liverpool's money which seems to be the reaction of some posters on this thread.

That was my thoughts too.

I saw that as a way of Sherwood saying 'hands off' without upsetting Benteke.

Someone might well pay 32m for him, but teams with 32m to spend are more likely to look at proven European pedigree. So by saying he's available for 32m, you're letting Benteke know we won't stand in his way if he wants to leave, whilst similtaneousky giving a very unlikely situation for that to occur.

Liverpool will probably pay it though. They're desperate.

Hope he ends up at arsenal or a top European club that's what he deserves.

Not playing fir a poor side like Liverpool or sitting in the bench at Chelsea or city

He'll be on the bench at Arsenal. Wenger loves Giroud and rotating his squad.

Someone said Villa signed Benteke because he was recommended by someone at Liverpool, and that apparently he wasn't scouted at all by the club. Any one remember or know anything about this?

I assume what they mean is he was scouted by Paddy Riley, who left for Liverpool before returning to us.

No Lambert was on SSN yesterday and said they scouted him a load of times. He even said he got friends from Germany to go watch him in a number of occasions

• Like 1

If today is his last game, I'm very grateful for everything he's given Aston Villa. And I hope when we play against him next season, he gets a respectful response rather than the usual boos. He doesn't owe us anything, he should move on to better his own career and we should be thankful for his goals that have kept us up.

Thank you Christian - now go out on a high with a hat trick in the final!

Shocking today but without any sort of service, and the shitness of those around him, it's hard to expect any more from him. We're awful, and without him, or least, without a quality replacement, we're primed to go down next season.

I'd just like to thank the Media for doing it's utmost best in disrupting our side in the run up to today's cup final

Trying to sell the few good players we have from underneath us in the run up to the game worked a treat

Can't wait to hear the amount of clubs that will now bid for Benteke now the final has run its course

If you want him pay the release clause otherwise don't waste our time

One of the best players I've seen play for us, easily the best striker. No chance we'll replace him properly at all. I had a feeling if we won the FA Cup he'd have stayed another year but I can't see that happening now, shame it all had to end so poorly.

• Like 1

Â