Christian Benteke

Kwan

Crazy thought but what if grealish had actually started some games so benteke was used to playing with him. Or like I said maybe our coaches and Lambert could actually do things on the training ground to improve this.

Exactly what I was thinkng when I saw Benteke berating colleagues for not supplying the "right" sort of ball. Do they ever discuss this during training? I despair at times and I am feeling quite cross about our performance today. We need to win matches against poor sides like Sunderland and Benteke needs to do more to kill off games. He seems to expect everything on a plate at the moment. Doesn't get served like that in the premier league.

Edited by briny_ear

So awful today. The way he just plods around when everyone else is putting in so much effort is laughable. Don't get me started on his positioning again, could have easily had a couple of goals just from being in the six yard box today. Too lazy and is not scoring enough to warrant keeping him. Sell him and get someone who knows how to play the position properly

Hopefully he can take this constructive criticism on board and improve a poor goal scoring record for this club.

36 goals in 77 games in a largely average side? Poor goal-scoring? If he was the finished article by now he would not be at Villa.

I believe he was trying to be thesicious, but I could be wrong. 

Hopefully he can take this constructive criticism on board and improve a poor goal scoring record for this club.

36 goals in 77 games in a largely average side? Poor goal-scoring? If he was the finished article by now he would not be at Villa.

Yes it was a poor attempt.

Facetious? 

• Like 1

If his movement is an issue could this not be something that say a coach could identify and work with him on?

I know it took 2 years to teach premier league players how to pass to each other. And I know our coaches are sometimes busy bullying people or promoting books. But just a thought that might help.

Or I guess we could just have a go at our best player.

So when he's crap, we can't call him out on it (it's our coaches fault; what a surprise!) but when he's good it's all purely down to the brilliance of Benteke?

Ok :D

• Like 1

Facetious? 

Nope.

If his movement is an issue could this not be something that say a coach could identify and work with him on?

I know it took 2 years to teach premier league players how to pass to each other. And I know our coaches are sometimes busy bullying people or promoting books. But just a thought that might help.

So when he's crap, we can't call him out on it (it's our coaches fault; what a surprise!) but when he's good it's all purely down to the brilliance of Benteke?

You have an excellent ability to grasp the exact point being made.

Don't think I ever said you can't say he's had a bad game.

Also I never said it was the coaches fault. My point was that if there is an issue with his movement (I don't actually think it is a big issue) then is this not something our coaches should be working on?

Like others I find it strange that you're more critical of benteke than you ever are of the manager.

You have an excellent ability to grasp the exact point being made.

Don't think I ever said you can't say he's had a bad game.

Also I never said it was the coaches fault. My point was that if there is an issue with his movement (I don't actually think it is a big issue) then is this not something our coaches should be working on?

Like others I find it strange that you're more critical of benteke than you ever are of the manager.

My criticism of Benteke has come over the space of about a week whilst my criticisms of the manager have been over about a year and a half.

The difference is that the majority will always praise Benteke to the high heavens and never state any of his weaknesses (see: this thread) whilst, in the case of Lambert, the majority will constantly shout about how crap we are/how many records he's broken/our lack of <x>, <y> or <z> (see: the Paul Lambert thread).

I'm sure you understand this really.

Crikey, is that the first time this word has been used on Villatalk?  :)

He came here a good player, can't really see much improvement as yet since he has been here. The standard of coaching is poor at our club has been for a while. Can never seem to coach faults out of players. Weimann, Gabby, Lowton for example.

Crikey, is that the first time this word has been used on Villatalk?  :)

Well considering it's the 119th time it's ever been used on the internet I don't think its use is worthy of a 'Crikey'

Facetious? 

Nope.

So just a word you made up then?

Quoting Benteke's historical stats doesn't help. I recall people used to do the same with Bent.This season he has managed 2 goals in 11 games and that is the issue people are addressing right now.

The rest of the team has scored 9 in 19. We're also one of the worst teams in the league for creating chances.

Those are the issues.

I think our lack of creativity is far more of a concern than benteke didn't make the run a few people on here wanted him to make today.

But it seems he, along with Cleverley have become the latest hate players on VT. IMO if we are looking for people lacking something look no farther than the manager. A man completely at sea and as a consequence totally out of his depth!

Edited by Harry

Â