Christian Benteke

Kwan

I thought it was an overall pathetic referee display and why no Spurs players even got a yellow when I counted 3(Lamela, Soldado and Mason) around him and all trying to rile him up with shoulder charges and pushes. not to mention the 2 footed tackles from Spurs players before and after the red card and then moments after the Weimann shot which hit Rose head and referee was 10 feet behind him and gave a goal kick

Watching that vine you can't argue with the sending off but there should have been consequences for spuds player ..... When your down, your down, nothing goes your way

More like, when you're not a top 4 or a London club nothing goes your way.

Despicable refereeing.

Watching that vine you can't argue with the sending off but there should have been consequences for spuds player ..... When your down, your down, nothing goes your way

More like, when you're not a top 4 or a London club nothing goes your way.

Despicable refereeing.

Neil Warnock says hello and you're wrong? Only fashionable London clubs get the free pass from refs?

There's nothing to appeal. Letter of the law states Benteke should have been sent off. The fact that two (maybe three) Spurs players should have gone too doesn't come into it. 

Edited by PieFacE

There's nothing to appeal. Letter of the law states Benteke should have been sent off. The fact that two (maybe three) Spurs players should have gone too doesn't come into it. 

Yeah you're probably right, was just enquiring.

Actually this is the exact letter of the law:

A player is guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive 

force or brutality against an opponent when not 
challenging for the ball.

The whole "once you raise your hands" thing is mindless rhetoric. There are plenty of grounds for appeal that Benteke's actions did not constitute violence or excessive force in any way.

Removing the face of an opponent from your face using your hand after they have shoved it there is easily arguable as a non violent reaction. 

Just because the ref followed the "raise your hands" rhetoric doesn't make it right. No such law exists and in this multi million pound game I can't believe Villa's legal counsel hasn't raised this. We could easily get a game or two knocked off the ban of our most important player.

Another example of a poorly run club. We just roll over off the pitch as well as on it.

• Like 2

Yep, I said so earlier in the thread.

Raising your hands isn't a red.

However, referees appear to use the unwritten rule that if you touch an opponents face it's a red. 

Rightly or wrongly, an appeal on this would get laughed off.

Yep, I said so earlier in the thread.

Raising your hands isn't a red.

However, referees appear to use the unwritten rule that if you touch an opponents face it's a red.

Rightly or wrongly, an appeal on this would get laughed off.

Unless you are one of a handful of clubs.

Neil Warnock,  ive met him nice bloke.  I'm still thrilled he has a job right now

He is, he used to come into the local shop next to Bramall Lane all the time and I lived 5 doors away so we often bumped into each other. Polite, friendly, chuckles a lot, really thin legs and a big body.

Sean Bean is really nice too, another polite fella.

So we did appeal the ban but the 3 games were upheld because we aren't Chelsea/Liverpool/Man Utd/ City...

They wouldn't have got this off

I have no real problem with the ban being upheld (although it wasn't "violent conduct") so long as Ryan Mason receives a retrospective 3 match ban.

Â