Christian Benteke

Kwan

It was a red card, we're just all angry that Spurs never got any red cards during the game.

But what was Jan Vertonghen two footed (career ending) challenge? Benteke's petulant slap was a yellow after he allowed Vertonghen to continue on after that tackle.
Can anyone find a clip of the Vertonghen incident? I missed it completely.
Yellow was probably fair.

Wouldn't have battered an eyelid if it was red but it wasn't as bad as our players made out.

What's your opinion on the Chadli one?
Yep yellow too.

Tbh, bar mason not being sent off, I don't think the ref got too much wrong.

Which one was it? The one on Westwood?

It certainly wasn't discusting as claimed a few posts up?

Weimann's was just as bad.

Edited by Woodytom

Mason basically did what Pardew did a while back and apparently that was outrageous.

I definitely wouldn't wainy!

I think it's human instinct to raise a hand when attacked like that. He pulled out as soon as he had a second to think.
Attacked is a strong word.

Very often I'm put into situations at work where I'm potentially under threat. Ive never once raised my hand. In fact I'd argue that it's human nature not to raise your hand if I was basing my opinion just on me. Others are different tho of course.

At work people charge you in the back then when you turn shove their heads into your face? You need a pay rise.

Well I can't say that particular incident has ever happened but I've been repeatedly punched in the head at work.

You can defend yourself without touching the other person. Turn round walk away. In fact, don't square up in the first place. Don't lash out at lamela. Avoid the situation altogether.

Mason basically did what Pardew did a while back and apparently that was outrageous.

I think it's human instinct to raise a hand when attacked like that. He pulled out as soon as he had a second to think.

Very often I'm put into situations at work where I'm potentially under threat. Ive never once raised my hand. In fact I'd argue that it's human nature not to raise your hand if I was basing my opinion just on me. Others are different tho of course.

At work people charge you in the back then when you turn shove their heads into your face? You need a pay rise.

Well I can't say that particular incident has ever happened but I've been repeatedly punched in the head at work.

You can defend yourself without touching the other person. Turn round walk away. In fact, don't square up in the first place. Don't lash out at lamela. Avoid the situation altogether.

agreed. he should have handled that situation a lot better. heat of the moment though and right after that Verthongen tackle. you could tell a lot of our players were very angry with how the ref handled that situation.

Repeatably punched in the head at work!? Are you a boxer?

Seriously though, wtf?

• Like 3

I need to know what your job is. :blink:

agreed. he should have handled that situation a lot better. heat of the moment though and right after that Verthongen tackle. you could tell a lot of our players were very angry with how the ref handled that situation.

Think they collectively lost their heads and hence lost the game. I hope Lambert and Keane are driving home the lessons from this.

Big Chris looks back to his old self, which will be bad news for us in about 8 months time when he leaves for a the better club. He'll probably come back hungry and bang in 10-15 goals before the end of the season. That's what will attract the buyers.

This 3 game ban is a bit of a disaster now tbh, I doubt we'd win any appeal.

He needs games rather than training to get fully up to speed, today was much improved on his previous two outings.

We won't see him until December 2nd v Palace now so a full month on the sidelines now save for probably two games for Belguim.

Repeatably punched in the head at work!? Are you a boxer?

Seriously though, wtf?

Lol, it does happen. I don't particularly want to disclose what I do do (I'm not a secret agent), although tbh, that incident happened at a previous job and is the only time I have been assaulted. Some of it is unavoidable (that one was), but a lot of it is to do with your approach/the way you carry yourself and a lot can be avoided by not reacting aggressively/avoiding the situation altogether.

No one can say 100% what they will do in given situations and yes sometimes adrenaline can kick in. However, I can guarantee that I wouldn't have needed to react like Benteke did because, I wouldn't be in a situation where people are squaring up to me - as like I say - I wouldn't have lashed out at lamela

Sorry, but Benteke should not have reacted like that and he deserves no "understanding" for it. It was dumber than dumb. Falling to the ground and writhing around holdong your face is the clever way of responding to a slight head butt.

And that's why my days of watching football are coming to a close.

i did not see the footage live because club brugge was playing aswell, but i have seen them now and my conclusion is: yes it is not the smartest thing to do but you should consider that if someone put his face against me your natural reaction is to push him away. it is not like he decided to push him it happens in a split second. so yes it could be a red card but that guy who provoked him should have been sent off aswell. i would have given both players yellow. but sending one off and leave the other player unpunished on is just unfair. but please dont be angry on him.

• Like 3

Â