Christian Benteke

Kwan

I have a fantasy football dilemma. He's going in my team but I need 2 transfers to get him. Do I do it all before this weekend or wait till next week and do it without costing any points.

I'm thinking next week as he was slow to get back last season but mostly for Sod's law that I'll not put him in and he'll get a hatrick.

I have a fantasy football dilemma. He's going in my team but I need 2 transfers to get him. Do I do it all before this weekend or wait till next week and do it without costing any points.

I'm thinking next week as he was slow to get back last season but mostly for Sod's law that I'll not put him in and he'll get a hatrick.

In that case definitely wait til next week ;)

I am worried we're putting all our eggs in the Benteke basket. If he doesn't recapture that form from the last 5 months of the 12/13 season then we're in big trouble (again).

Edited by Genie

I am worried we're putting all our eggs in the Benteke basket. If he doesn't recapture that form from the last 5 months of the 12/13 season then we're in big trouble (again).

What other basket are we supposed to put our eggs in?

He's the only player we have who is a world beater on his day, the rest of our squad is pretty much full of mediocre players with low ability in attacking positions. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

We should probably be honest with ourselves and realise he's had 5 good months in 2 and a quarter seasons. He never looked a world beater in the first half of last season and now he's got a major injury under his belt too.

I don't think just having him back is going to make everything ok.

I'd love to see us get the beast back but I'm starting to think it was a bit of a flash in the pan. :-(

We should probably be honest with ourselves and realise he's had 5 good months in 2 and a quarter seasons. He never looked a world beater in the first half of last season and now he's got a major injury under his belt too.

I don't think just having him back is going to make everything ok.

I'd love to see us get the beast back but I'm starting to think it was a bit of a flash in the pan. :-(

I'm really really hoping that isn't the case. But that's all it is, hope.

He'll have no confidence in his own body at the moment. Not sure where you're meant to get it from playing in our side.

Be great to see him smash a few past QPR.

• Like 1

Just got this feeling we have rushed him back way too soon. Half an hour against City two weeks ago and starts against Everton today? He should have been gradually brought back into the team.

We saw last season that because we put him into the team way too early that he struggled and didn't score for 12 games I think it was? And last season he had only been out for about a month, whereas this season he has been out for seven months.

Didn't get any service today and when he did get the ball was surrounded. His disallowed goal still shows me he has it..instant reaction to that ball coming off the bar.

Imagine if we still had the Villa version of Ashley Young feeding him....we have nothing at the moment assist wise. 

Just got this feeling we have rushed him back way too soon. Half an hour against City two weeks ago and starts against Everton today? He should have been gradually brought back into the team.

We saw last season that because we put him into the team way too early that he struggled and didn't score for 12 games I think it was? And last season he had only been out for about a month, whereas this season he has been out for seven months.

This is a completely different injury though. We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes and he could be genuinely fit enough to start now.

Didn't get any service today and when he did get the ball was surrounded. His disallowed goal still shows me he has it..instant reaction to that ball coming off the bar.

Imagine if we still had the Villa version of Ashley Young feeding him....we have nothing at the moment assist wise.

sometimes I really miss that little shit

Â