Christian Benteke

Kwan

**** crap!

This just goes to show how fragile a team can be, imagine if this happened in gameweek 33 of last season!

Injuries suck, especially this one as I have suffered the exact same one and I never recovered. I haven't had a good jog since 2011 even though I have had five operations. He will be fine though, the medical team and doctors helping him will be a bit better than the ones I visited to put it mildly. The achilles is a treacherous tendon, each case is very different and many athletes struggle to return to their former level and eventually retire. I don't know what happened to the big guy, but it was probably just a simple run or sprint that lead to a huge "snap" before he fell over in agony. Doesn't hurt that much to be honest, but the sound and feeling is the worst I have ever experienced. I can only speak for myself, although I have read many others say the same thing, that you always go around and fear that it will snap again and you become hesitant. Truth be told, a healed achilles after an injury is still weaker than one that has never been torn.

Good luck to him with his recovery, I really hope he heals up and return to his former beast. What is certain is that he will not leave this summer, and to be a real dick about it (so that you don't have to tell me I am for writing this), isn't this very good for us in the long-run? Benteke just turned 23, he has 10 years left of his career and he will still achieve greatness - and potentially play the World Cup in 2018 and 2022.

• Like 2

Gabby tends to come up trumps when it matters. This season will be no different #top12

Like when it mattered during the run-in during the McLeish season and he offered absolutely nothing you mean? Total myth.

What about last season then ? You miss that

Yes it happened last season but it isn't some sort of general rule that he always performs when we need him to because that clearly isn't the case.

The most positive way of looking at this is that because achilles injuries are so fragile they can snap again at any given time. Subsequently this will basically act as a major deterrent to all of the very many potential suitors who will be permanently put off capturing our great talisman's highly coveted signature so that ultimately `The Beast` will remain a Villa player for his entire professional career. :)

• Like 1

Feel sorry for him however, On a bright note he ain't had the season like he did last season and he ain't going to the World Cup so the lime light is now off him :).

And to add to that we get to see Grant Holt wooooohoooooooo can't wait, In fact I've been waiting months for this

Edited by Mart-L7

At least we know he'll be gone for 3 months of next season, we can plan for it. Lerner the tosser can maybe fork over a few more quid before he sells the club to keep us in a good mid table position. 

If Vlaar gets knackered as well, I would start to worry.

If Vlaar gets injured with Benteke 100% fit, I would start to worry.

Both of them would probably lead to relegation by default.

Edited by samjp26

I feel sorry for him tbh .. Hopefully he comes stronger and better , for himself and for our team .. 

Now we really need not to lose against Fulham and Crystal Palace .. Atleast two draws would not hammer alot .. 

Ofcourse wins would be the best ..

Gutted...  More disappointed that he'll miss the World Cup, but the good news is that he'll be with us next season.  I wish him well in his recovery and I hope he'll be fit in time for next season.

Hope Weimann gets a chance through the middle instead of just lobbing balls to Holt. Tough news this, the team will no doubt have taken a knock. They need to act the right way instead of getting down - prove they can still produce something. 

Â