Christian Benteke

Kwan

horrible news for the player though I think he will have other chances if Belgium continue this period and short term bad news for the club. Long term it might be good for Villa as being out of shop window he might stay past this summer plus he will be fresher and hungrier next season

Was having a fairly pleasant morning until I heard this!

Crap news, I hope he recovers swiftly and comes back strong. This is his first 'big' injury.

Isn't this the same injury that has kept the Zog out all year?

The thought of that waste of space Holt casually trotting round the pitch against Fulham really winds me up.

Lambert play Johnson!

Crap news, I hope he recovers swiftly and comes back strong. This is his first 'big' injury.

The thought of that waste of space Holt casually trotting round the pitch against Fulham really winds me up.

Lambert play Johnson!

Robinson?

Lambert play Johnson!

Robinson?

Sorry the upset has made me all confused.

Feel really sorry for CB I reckon Belgium have an outside chance in Brazil.

• Like 1

Wishing a full and speedy recovery to CB. Heartbreaking for the lad, hopefully he will come back before Christmas.

It does make you wonder what they do in training, that we have suffered so many long term injuries. Is it the training methods, the facilities or purely just down to bad luck? You would think the facilities should be ok as they are modern facilities that have only recently been built, so I would think it must be one of the other two options.

We need someone to step up now and stake their claims to that Centre Forward spot now otherwise we could be in big trouble, if not this season then definitly next season.

We'll just have to play any of our defenders up front - they always manage to lose players and find the space in our own box anyway.

I don't care about Belgium's World Cup prospects - I only care right now about how we get enough points to be safe.  We're not safe now by any means - and there's always one team that drops like a stone this time of year (remember when Birmingham went down?  Happy days :)).  I'm also worried that "6 months" has been pulled from nowhere.  It's already been mentioned that the Zog had this injury 9 months ago (?) and has missed the whole season - I just hope CB manages to recover more quickly than that.

Removing football, relegation scraps and replacement strikers from the equation, get well soon Christian, we're all behind you pal.  Despite our last overriding memory of you in action being that mis-kick from 3 yards out :unsure:

Edited by Max the Silent

As well as typical reading "Scott Parker in line for Fulham return", we love helping teams get out of ruts while suffering calamities of our own. We are almost like the charity team of the Premiership hence why they need us in it! :) (How much you bet he has a stormer against us)

• Like 1

Farrrk, We aren't having any luck.

Nzogbia, Okore, Kuzak and now Benteke all with serious injuries in one season, the squad has to find a way to step up and get us the 6pts to ensure safety.

Another season to forget!

Didn't Curtis Davis do the same thing against Arsenal? currently now playing his best footy at hull. He should recover no problem.

That's comforting, but not totally so. Davies's injury was in 2008 and it's now 2014 that he's playing his best football.   :(

• Like 1

Didn't Curtis Davis do the same thing against Arsenal? currently now playing his best footy at hull. He should recover no problem.

That's comforting, but not totally so. Davies's injury was in 2008 and it's now 2014 that he's playing his best football.   :(

Examples I'd use instead are RVN and Shearer.

Can't say I'm gutted for him personally, as I don't think he really cares about us given what he's said and done whilst being here.

But I'm devastated as he's a quality player and we can't even sell him let alone play him :(

Absolutely bang on. I couldn't give a flying f*** about benteke missing out on the World Cup. He is probably the most unlikeable decent Villa player I can ever remember playing for us. He is a mercenary who couldn't give two shits about the Villa and although its regrettable we will be without our main striker, I really don't get the notion that we should feel some how sorry for a multi-millionaire footballer who has been largely anonymous for us all season. Its disappointing from a Villa perspective but to feel sorry for him....no chance.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh but think about this: If he did go to World Cup and do well, how long before he chucked another transfer request in?? 5 minutes? 10?

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

Can't say I'm gutted for him personally, as I don't think he really cares about us given what he's said and done whilst being here.

But I'm devastated as he's a quality player and we can't even sell him let alone play him :(

Absolutely bang on. I couldn't give a flying f*** about benteke missing out on the World Cup. He is probably the most unlikeable decent Villa player I can ever remember playing for us. He is a mercenary who couldn't give two shits about the Villa and although its regrettable we will be without our main striker, I really don't get the notion that we should feel some how sorry for a multi-millionaire footballer who has been largely anonymous for us all season. Its disappointing from a Villa perspective but to feel sorry for him....no chance.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh but think about this: If he did go to World Cup and do well, how long before he chucked another transfer request in?? 5 minutes? 10?

Christ, you're a cheery pair!

Most footballers are mercenarys! Why shouldn't he want to move to a much better club than us and win honours? He won't do that with us. His behaviour in the summer was, granted,  ill advised, but he withdrew his request and signed a new contract. Maybe I don't follow the club as closely as you two but what has he done that makes him so unlikeable?

Â