Christian Benteke

Kwan

Hold up play was immense today. Should have took his one on one twice and dnt think he should be the penalty taker.

He's the best penalty taker we've had in years! Hasn't he only missed 1???

He's missed 2 this season. Arsenal away, though he scored the rebound, and Everton at home.

He scares the crap out of me with his penalties. If the keeper guesses right he saves it because he passes it into the net.

I do not trust Benteke with penalties, he always favours his right instep. He does not hit it with power or place it particularly well. His penners depend on the keeper guessing wrong most of the time. Both Howard and Sczensy figured him out. Both knew he would try and sidefoot it towards his left both saved it. Foster either didn't do his homework or second guessed Benteke's tendencies. 

Someone teach him how to take a penalty properly please. 

unplayable in open play.... looks hungry and like he's enjoying his football again... scoring goals takes the pressure off him, and i have no doubt the finishing is coming any day now.... all three of our strikers are looking good again - perfect timing, as we need to bank the points now...

Great to have him back anywhere near his best. You can see how much more dangerous we are in attack, could have scored a few more too. When he's winning flick ons holding everything up he just gets everyone else playing. Weimann in particular comes alive around him.

We rely on him as much as we do Vlaar.

Edited by villaglint

Reading the metro on the bus, refers to him as the "once coveted striker", what a strange thing to say. What a terrible paper.

haha saw the same, still not as bad as the back page which had 7 paragraphs on the other 3 games and last line Aston Villa and West Brom played a 7 goal thriller

Another thing that annoyed me on a similar topic is the radio was on at work last night (some crap commercial local radio station) and on their sports news we were the last game mentioned! 7 goals!

What the **** was that bicycle kick though?

A sure sign that his confidence is up. Noticed a few times last night that he's almost over confident, trying to do too much or over complicate things. But I'll take that all day as sometimes they'll come off and I certainly wouldn't want to defend against a confident Benteke.

At least he tried something like that, he was pretty close from what I could see, confidence!

He went for it but then realised it was patented by Doug Ellis and he hadn't sought permission so he had to pull out.  He was on course to cream it in the top corner.

• Like 1

His finishing still isn't there, but it doesn't matter right now because he's back to contributing so much in the buildup. Great performance.

lol am i missing something here he has scored 3 in 3 so how can his finishing not be there if a striker scores he has done his job yes he has missed a few and would agree with you if he had not scored but he did.

His finishing still isn't there, but it doesn't matter right now because he's back to contributing so much in the buildup. Great performance.

lol am i missing something here he has scored 3 in 3 so how can his finishing not be there if a striker scores he has done his job yes he has missed a few and would agree with you if he had not scored but he did.

Yes mate, you're missing a fuckload of punctuation. 

• Like 4

Â