Christian Benteke

Kwan

Benteke has been playing poorly since his injury and Kozak was introduced to the front line. For me, they will never work as a front two. We should just let the beast get on with what he does best, rampaging through central defenders.

When he's fully fit, I expect big Chris to start knocking them in again.

a deal for him has probably been agreed in January already.

Yeah defo, I think the agreement was to fake injury until Jan when he can move.

hes been shit so hes been dropped essentially.

Benteke has been poor all season, dont let the goals at the start of the season fool you.

Don't get me wrong, think Benteke is quality but I agree. He scored goals, but his general overall performance play was nowhere near of what it was last year. Maybe it is this seasons style of football, but he didn't look like the 'powerhouse' of last season.

Did he BJ10? Got a link? I would like to read that.

After all my time here I'm not sure how to post a link properly. It was in the independent before the stoke game. He said:

"I might have to look at that. I need to get him at 100 per cent.

"He always wants to play and he is not in pain as in 'I can't do this' or anything like that. But it is just little things hindering him from having the movement that he had.

"The league is too powerful for players to go in there not at 100 per cent.

"I think the (hip) injury was his first ever injury in football, so how he handled it, with it being his first, I'm not so sure.

"It is not that he is not trying, not at all. I've never known a footballer go out there and not try. But you might get them lacking a wee bit of confidence when things are not going their way.

"Because he set himself such a high standard last season, I think the little knocks that at the moment he is probably carrying are not helping him. My job is to try to rectify that.

"I just think it is a bit of a confidence thing.

"He is still a big, imposing guy when you stand next to him. He has definitely not shrunk, that's for sure!

"But the confidence thing is major. I think - ask any footballer - that if you are confident, you will do things off the cuff and will not think about it.

"He is maybe thinking about things too much. He is trying to impress and trying to give it back. But I know the injury situation is hurting him a wee bit."

You mean you're not familiar with the forum's posting guidelines? :-)

Haha

Never felt the need to post anything like pics or links before so never really read up on the guidelines for it. That can be my new years resolution.

too busy posting to come up for air .... aye John

Yea you can just post a link BJ10.

It seems Lambert was saying he is carrying some injury's that need clearing up but then deflects the blame for playing him by saying he lacks confidence at the moment.

I just don't see Benteke throwing a strop and think the dry up of goals is mostly down to these knocks.

Yea you can just post a link BJ10.

It seems Lambert was saying he is carrying some injury's that need clearing up but then deflects the blame for playing him by saying he lacks confidence at the moment.

I just don't see Benteke throwing a strop and think the dry up of goals is mostly down to these knocks.

Yeah 100℅ agree.

No one thought he had an attitude issue before the injury.

Well were watching a different off form benteke then because i'd rather see kozak than benteke right now. Benteke isnt interested thats clear to anyone whos watched him the past month or so and saying he deserves to be on the pitch because he might be able to do something is a bit silly. We're dross either way but at least kozak is pitching in at the moment and actually wants to play for us.

It doesn't make sense him not being interested. Its clear to everyone that he has been playing with an injury!

i have been watching football for a long time...This lad doesn't do what he did last year and lose form like he has.I don't believe he is a one season wonder at all...and I struggle to believe,that reaching the heights he did, he has plunged to this ....nah

something is interfering with his undoubted talent, for sure.

The reported injury seems the most feasible to me. seems like there have been issues about his treatment.

hope he gets back to normal very soon.

I find it the exception rather than the rule to find football players not interested.

I have been close to a few in my time and I think the "not interested" tag is generally speaking a misnomer. They have ego's as big as the town hall. There might be many problems, but "not interested" is not one of them.

IMO.

They all want to do well, they all want to have a good performance, they sometimes carry injuries albeit slight and try to keep a lid on it. It may appear they are not interested, but that is due to other factors imo

Â