Christian Benteke

Kwan

It really is, each game I hope he can find form because hes our only quality player who can create something out of nothing and even win games on his own.

Just watch the dross we have served up each week, nobody out there apart from him is capable of getting the crowd excited.

Even an off form Benteke gives me more hope than the rest of the team.

• Like 1

Well were watching a different off form benteke then because i'd rather see kozak than benteke right now. Benteke isnt interested thats clear to anyone whos watched him the past month or so and saying he deserves to be on the pitch because he might be able to do something is a bit silly. We're dross either way but at least kozak is pitching in at the moment and actually wants to play for us.

I think there is truth to the difference in the style of play to last year effecting Benteke's form and the omission of Lowton from the team also hindering his performances but I cant help but think that he is carrying a few injuries and playing through at the moment. That strain after something like 5 games then rushing back for the Belgian game where it seems he picked up another injury coincided with such a change in form I can only think that is the reason.

I wish Lambert would come out and say so if that's the reason as it would stop so many people doubting Benteke and praising him for playing through (if that's the case) but then again it would cast doubt on Lamberts judgement as he hasn't been scoring and therefore his playing through has been pointless.

Well were watching a different off form benteke then because i'd rather see kozak than benteke right now. Benteke isnt interested thats clear to anyone whos watched him the past month or so and saying he deserves to be on the pitch because he might be able to do something is a bit silly. We're dross either way but at least kozak is pitching in at the moment and actually wants to play for us.

How do you know what Benteke wants?

If it is true that he has been playing with an injury than this would go a long way to explaining his performances. 

• Like 1

I think there is truth to the difference in the style of play to last year effecting Benteke's form and the omission of Lowton from the team also hindering his performances but I cant help but think that he is carrying a few injuries and playing through at the moment. That strain after something like 5 games then rushing back for the Belgian game where it seems he picked up another injury coincided with such a change in form I can only think that is the reason.

I wish Lambert would come out and say so if that's the reason as it would stop so many people doubting Benteke and praising him for playing through (if that's the case) but then again it would cast doubt on Lamberts judgement as he hasn't been scoring and therefore his playing through has been pointless.

Lambert did come out and say that recently.

If it is true that he has been playing with an injury than this would go a long way to explaining his performances. 

Quite obviously by the way hes playing, body language, no effort. Dont ask such a ridiculous question obviously i dont know what he wants and neither do you but people can judge only on what they see and pretty much everyone seemingly but you has seen it the past month or so.

Quite obviously by the way hes playing, body language, no effort. Dont ask such a ridiculous question obviously i dont know what he wants and neither do you but people can judge only on what they see and pretty much everyone seemingly but you has seen it the past month or so.

The past month, the same time period he's been playing with a knee injury. Hmmmmmmm

Benteke was supposed to be out for over a month.He returned too quick was played by Belgium and picked up a knee problem.He was fine in preseason and started season well also.To me it's clearly injuries hampering him.

What I don't understand is if Benteke has been injured since the Belgium game, which is apparent by all of the games where many have thought he can't be arsed, why continue to play him? Has he said he wants to play then not been able to due to injury? I would have thought this should have been picked up earlier by the medical staff.

Massive shame but at least he can recover now and hopefully come back in the form of last season.

Today's marca claims Atletico want him again, previously wanted him too but high salary and fee meant they couldn't do it, with interest on Diego Costa they want Benteke.. I am on my phone so will just paste link here http://www.marca.com/2013/12/24/futbol/equipos/atletico/1387867988.html they do claim it's for next summer but one would suspect if Costa is gone in the winter market Benteke will be first choice in winter too as he isn't CL tied etc.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Everyone but me? What are you talking about? I have been saying Benteke has been rubbish for weeks now.

The point I was making is that you have assumed he is playing shit "because he doesn't want to be here".

We now find out he has been playing with an injury during that time.

Could it possibly be that he has been playing shit because of his injury and he does in fact want to be here?

Today's marca claims Atletico want him again, previously wanted him too but high salary and fee meant they couldn't do it, with interest on Diego Costa they want Benteke.. I am on my phone so will just paste link here http://www.marca.com/2013/12/24/futbol/equipos/atletico/1387867988.html they do claim it's for next summer but one would suspect if Costa is gone in the winter market Benteke will be first choice in winter too as he isn't CL tied etc.

I'd rather him go there than strengthen teams within our own league, also think he'd thrive there, love what they're doing at the minute and I imagine they'll get a pretty penny for DC.

• Like 4

http://talksport.com/football/atletico-madrid-revive-interest-aston-villa-striker-13122473020

Atletico Madrid will revive their interest in Aston Villa ace Christian Benteke if Diego Costa decides to leave the club next summer, according to Marca.

talkSPORT told you yesterday that the Spanish capital club are already preparing themselves for the possibility of Costa, who is wanted by Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea, seeking pastures new at the end of the season.

Atletico do not expect to sell Costa for below his £32m release clause fee and they will look to reinvest the majority of that figure in Benteke if the Brazil-born Spain international leaves.

Benteke was considered by Atletico as a replacement for Radamel Falcao during the last transfer window, but they scrapped their interest after baulking at Villa’s £25m asking price and the Belgian’s mooted £3.3m-a-season salary demands.

The 23-year-old enjoyed a phenomenal debut season at Villa Park, scoring 19 Premier League goals following his transfer from Genk.

However, he has struggled this time around and has failed to find the back of the net in each of his last 10 league outings.

Â