Christian Benteke

Kwan

Our tactic is hoof it to him. And we're surprised he's playing poorly, looks frustrated and not interested.

I bet when he signed his new deal he didn't think he was signing up for this.

And I bet when the club signed him up on it they weren't expecting his performances that he has given. It works both ways.

He's a one season wonder.

He scored 4 goals in his first 4 games. He then got an injury, he's come back and we're playing awful.

Let's see what he does when he inevitably leaves us. He's not a one season wonder.

Goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

Christian Benteke!

Well at least we can pretend can't we?

Anyway, I'm just gonna' practice it till the beast makes it come true.

Practice makes perfect. :P

He doesn't look match fit, it's odd, he obviously came back early from a relatively bad injury, but you'd think he'd be sharp by now given the games he has had.

He just looks leggy and off-the-pace.

I agree, he probably came back way too early, and is now paying the price.

What I refuse to agree with is when some say he is disinterested. He may be frustrated, and for sure is, but not disinterested. He came back too early because he wanted too much to be the player he was last year. And he wanted to show that WC striker position is his.

I'm Benteke's biggest fan and I hate to say it he does look uninterested to me. Against Sunderland he barely moved. When he lost possession he made no attempt to win the ball back. This is unlike him, and very unlike last season where he was living to impress people.

It would appear to me that this season he hasn't the fear of failing in him, which is making him complacent.

What does anyone expect. The only tactic we have is to kick long diagonal balls in to him and this happens every game. Doesnt take a genius in other clubs how to defend this. He was double marked, sometimes 3 men on him everytime the ball was kicked up. He didnt look interested against Sunderland but today he gave his all. Bout time we came up with another plan to get him on the ball

Our tactic is hoof it to him. And we're surprised he's playing poorly, looks frustrated and not interested.

I bet when he signed his new deal he didn't think he was signing up for this.

And I bet when the club signed him up on it they weren't expecting his performances that he has given. It works both ways.

He's a one season wonder.

He scored 4 goals in his first 4 games. He then got an injury, he's come back and we're playing awful.

Let's see what he does when he inevitably leaves us. He's not a one season wonder.

Two of those were penalties. Since which he's even started missing those.

I hate all the bullshit about whether he's **** interested or not, it's so stupid. He's not the most emotional guy, he had the exact same reserved demeanor on the pitch when he was playing well last season as he does now. The only difference was he was playing well. Now that he's struggling (and isn't getting much help), it's disinterest. Being reserved in his reactions and everything is just how he acts, it's not that he doesn't give a shit.

Really should have done better with the header and shot in the first. He scores one of those we are in front and whole game changes and he back in the saddle. I played him in fantasy and keep against Man U with a large dash of sentimental hopefulness.

This guy hasn't just gone down a few rungs( of the ladder) he has gone down a few floors( of the office block) in terms of form.

He needs to stop cursing every move and shake himself out of this awful nightmare.

This guy hasn't just gone down a few rungs( of the ladder) he has gone down a few floors( of the office block) in terms of form.

He needs to stop cursing every move and shake himself out of this awful nightmare.

It would help if the majority of balls played to him weren't hopeful hoofs and if his team mates were able to keep the ball better.

We're wasting a gifted player with the the way we play at the moment. Not only that but we're doing nothing to make sure his value stays high.

• Like 2

It would help if the majority of balls played to him weren't hopeful hoofs and if his team mates were able to keep the ball better.

We're wasting a gifted player with the the way we play at the moment. Not only that but we're doing nothing to make sure his value stays high.

you can understand his frustration, even gabby lost his rag a couple of times second half at fulham. i don't think it's just a case of Benteke being out of sorts, as a team we haven't hit form like last years yet (in terms of cohesive football), perhaps only in the unlucky defeat at chelsea and that was a long time ago now. 

a few around him need to hit form for us to get the best out of Benteke and for him to get some self belief back and hit form himself.

Well every time Westwood or Delph had the ball yesterday the only players to pass to were Herd or Clark and all they could do under pressure was hoof a straight ball towards the Fulham box which was easy for Senderos and Hughes to deal with. There was little or no options passing forward as there was a lack of movement and too many players hiding. Even with a play maker yesterday the performance would have been no better.

I'm not buying all this not being fed stuff.

He scored a boat load of goals last season, with the service not much better( or if at all) and in a team fighting relegation for most of the campaign.

I also think too much is being said about formations.

As they say "you are only as strong as your weakest link" it could be said "you are only as good as your worst performance"

Edited by TRO

Â