Christian Benteke

Kwan

lets hope they do something sensible and say he's missed the last 2 games and lukaku has 3 goals in those games (I think that's right isn't it?) and go with him instead

not like they are desperate for him, they have options

i see ur point and i agree if i was bondscoach i would let benteke at aston villa recovering and play lukaku instead but unfortunatily im not the bondscoach :s

Let's hope they get at least a draw in their first game. That way they won't use him.

i think when he's fit he will play wilmots wants to keep the automatism between the players.

He's not fit for the first game and Sky gave the impression from Wilmots' press conference that he'll only be used in the second game if he is needed.

I dunno I have bad feeling about this. Hip injuries are like back injuries in that they seem fine but then they go again, or can even plague a player throughout his career. It's not like your typical football injury. I just remember the way he fell, just looked so awkward and painful. 

Even when he does play for us/Belguim next, I don't think those Michael Jordon jumps in the air will be on the menu.

Edited by supernova26

I dunno I have bad feeling about this. Hip injuries are like back injuries in that they seem fine but then they go again, or can even plague a player throughout his career. It's not like your typical football injury. I just remember the way he fell, just looked so awkward and painful. 

Even when he does play for us/Belguim next, I don't think those Michael Jordon jumps in the air will be on the menu.

Yes depends on the nature of the hip injury. Backs are worse! Its Hip Flexor muscle which controls the range of movements. So if he has his full range of movement back then he should be fine.

Benteke is fit suspiciously quickly, I hope Belgium have not rushed him back too quickly.

The Beast isn't human. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or pain. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until every defence is crushed.

• Like 2

Belgium will get the draw against Croatia and then he wont play against Wales. Just hope he's fit for spurs because this is not the best preparation for him. A little 20 minutes against Wales might not be the worst thing really.

update: i can confirm that Benteke not will play against croatia lukaku is going to play wilmots has decided together with the aston villa medical staff to take no risk. he might play against wales but he will not against croatia.

• Like 4

Â