Christian Benteke

Kwan

He will be with us until after the world cup. He plays every game, he scores nearly every game. We play to his strengths unlike the Belgium national team.

The belgian national teams doesn't depend on benteke thats the difference. if Benteke has a off day we still win our games. we can play almost every style we want we have a mix of good phisical players (benteke kompany fellaini witsel etc) and small players with good technicall skills(de bruyne hazard mertens mirallas. etc.) 

the main difference is that aston villa shamely has only  1 tacktic and thats all balls on benteke and hoping he scores some of them. this is the worst case you can have. imagine our team without benteke we will have no clue wat to do. :s

ps: dont mind my english its embarresing :s

Agree. I think Benteke fits into the Belgium team well but unlike us they have many other match-winners so they don't concentrate all their attacks through Benteke like we are forced to.

We MUST sell him next summer. I'm sorry but enough is enough we need 4 or 5 proper players and he can fund them. He has to be cashed in on and I think both Lambert and Benteke know he won't be here much longer.

Are you serious?

I don't think what he's saying is that crazy to be honest. On a grander scale look what Bale has bankrolled at Spurs this summer. Imagine what a similar albeit-scaled down version would do here and with the rest of the high earners gone we could accommodate them.

But Conor's suggestion does make the very dangerous assumption that Lerner will give Lambert every penny of the sale.

Irrespective of all of that, I think Benteke is gone next summer whether we like it or not and whether we invest it or not.

• Like 1

We MUST sell him next summer. I'm sorry but enough is enough we need 4 or 5 proper players and he can fund them. He has to be cashed in on and I think both Lambert and Benteke know he won't be here much longer.

Are you serious?

I don't think what he's saying is that crazy to be honest. On a grander scale look what Bale has bankrolled at Spurs this summer. Imagine what a similar albeit-scaled down version would do here and with the rest of the high earners gone we could accommodate them.

But Conor's suggestion does make the very dangerous assumption that Lerner will give Lambert every penny of the sale.

Irrespective of all of that, I think Benteke is gone next summer whether we like it or not and whether we invest it or not.

I understand that, but we already know Benteke is quality and can score goals for the club. Any player's bought into the club, there is a risk they might not be a success. These new player's might flop. Given a scenario of Benteke staying or leaving for £35 million and 4 or 5 new player's come in, I'd rather Benteke stayed.

But as you rightly point out, Benteke will probably  leave after the world cup next year.

Edited by Voinjama

But as you rightly point out, Benteke will probably  leave after the world cup next year.

I'll put money now that a move will be agreed before the world cup starts. If he has a good world cup his price will go up a lot. The big clubs won't want to risk that and they'll be after him as soon as they possibly can.

I'll put money now that a move will be agreed before the world cup starts. If he has a good world cup his price will go up a lot. The big clubs won't want to risk that and they'll be after him as soon as they possibly can.

Your point is precisely why we WONT agree a move before the world cup

• Like 1

Your point is precisely why we WONT agree a move before the world cup

Figured someone would say that and while that's the ideal situation for us, we'll see how it pans out.

Loving the optism guys but I would be very surprised if he doesn't go in January. 

Highly doubt we will get 40mil either like some people are suggesting. 

30 tops.

I said the same in another thread, if we are struggling in Jan he will be off IMO.

30-35 is about the right price.

Loving the optism guys but I would be very surprised if he doesn't go in January. 

Highly doubt we will get 40mil either like some people are suggesting. 

30 tops.

We were asking for £25m this summer so if he even repeats last season, let alone betters it, we'll be looking at £35m minimum given his age and the inflation of the market. A good World Cup on top of that and I can't see why £40m would be unrealistic.

I would imagine an agreement was made between Lambert and Benteke for him to give the club 1 more full season.

This sounds about right, one more season here will benefit him in the sense that he'll get guaranteed first team football in the premier league in a world cup year. Any longer here could harm him, the fact is he's way too good for us and will be of the ability to command a place in a top side in the not too distant future. The good thing about this is that we will cash in big time

I would imagine an agreement was made between Lambert and Benteke for him to give the club 1 more full season.

This sounds about right, one more season here will benefit him in the sense that he'll get guaranteed first team football in the premier league in a world cup year. Any longer here could harm him, the fact is he's way too good for us and will be of the ability to command a place in a top side in the not too distant future. The good thing about this is that we will cash in big time

Agreed. I reckon we could be talking £40m+ if he stays injury free and keeps this form up (5 goals in 5 games FFS).

Hopefully we'll do like what Spurs did and get all our shopping done early before selling so other clubs can't rip us off.

Edited by Mantis

I just love him ! I'll never hold a grudge on him when he moves to a bigger club! Watching that interview just on AVTV of him answering twitter questions just makes me wish we were competing at a higher level. Just so we could attempt to hold on to him!

• Like 1

Â