Christian Benteke

Kwan

If we can get a playmaker in before the window shuts to create plenty of chances for Benteke, he could reach 30. Without one I think he'll get 20.

30 goals in one season? He's good but for us there is no way that will happen.. Have many ever done it? Ronaldo, maybe Rooney and Henry?
30 in all comps no? He was only 7 off last year

Didn't he also score a few for Genk last season, before he came to us?

27 in all competitions technically if you include the ones for Genk in 12/13.

30 goals in all competitions is definitely achievable 13/14 if he doesn't get injured and we go on some decent cup runs.

Edited by samjp26

I'd probably say that Gabby will get 100 first. I reckon he should be aiming for 15 this year, and I presume he'll start being more selfish as we start winning games. As much as I like Benteke, Gabby deserves all the praise in the world for the way he's been for our club. Benteke is good, but he's never going to stay even though we achieve things - much like Bale for Tottenham. I reckon Tottenham will easily get to the CL this year, but money talks.

• Like 1

25, sadly I don't think we'll do much in the cups this year so will be mostly league goals. We need someone to break the 20 league goal barrier.

Yep after seeing us win 3-0 and tekkers score we clearly have no chance in the cups

You did see who we've got in the next round? I'm not saying it's impossible but it's not gonna be easy to progress either.

Arsenal made an approach for him with hours left on the transfer window according to the mail

Any truth in that?

Highly unlikely, imo. I don't know how they would expect to begin and complete such a massive deal and contract negotiations within a few hours. For example, the Fellaini deal was completed last night but the bid and personal terms took days to agree.

I think it much more likely that the paper had a couple of centimetres to fill and chose a throw away line involving a favourite club of theirs and one of this season's hottest players; a line they knew neither club would bother to sue about.

I'd love the local press to write that we'd rejected a late £50m bid or that a £45m bid had been accepted but Benteke refused to leave our mighty club - I suspect there would be as much truth in it.

After he had signed a new contract, concern about Benteke leaving this summer was always going to be unnecessary. Like worrying about a car journey or perhaps taking a flight - the worst can happen but the chances are so low as to render concern pointless.

Â