Christian Benteke

Kwan

No, you asked for an example of someone who didn't jump ship for money and i gave you one, People band wages around and say that you can 'never earn too much'. Well, I am lucky enough to earn way over the average wage (nothing like a prem footballer) and i turned down a job offer because I liked the one I was in. 

Money should actually be more important the less you earn, not the more you earn. Just saying.

No.

I asked somone who wouldn't jump ship for an extra £100k per week

Now if you turned down an extra £5,000,000 p/a I salute you. I don't believe for one minute you did! Just saying.

Actually it was an extra £18k a year but it's all irrelevant as it's about putting it all into perspective. An older friend once put it all in perspective once when I asked him why he turned down a promotion - he said there comes a point where more money doesn't significantly alter your life for the good. It was just one of those epiphanous moments for me.

Football is so fixated in la la land that we cannot even imagine the sums involved. Assuming that teks signed a new deal at 50k a week that means he earns in a fortnight what I earn in a year and I consider myself well off! And that's without the sponsorship deals. It's the last I'll say on the subject 'cos you either side with it or you don't. There's such thing as enough money IMO, the rest is often superfluous. 

Oh, well bed time....work in the morning. Going to enjoy the time Tekkers is here with us.

No, you asked for an example of someone who didn't jump ship for money and i gave you one, People band wages around and say that you can 'never earn too much'. Well, I am lucky enough to earn way over the average wage (nothing like a prem footballer) and i turned down a job offer because I liked the one I was in. 

Money should actually be more important the less you earn, not the more you earn. Just saying.

No.

I asked somone who wouldn't jump ship for an extra £100k per week

Now if you turned down an extra £5,000,000 p/a I salute you. I don't believe for one minute you did! Just saying.

Actually it was an extra £18k a year but it's all irrelevant as it's about putting it all into perspective. An older friend once put it all in perspective once when I asked him why he turned down a promotion - he said there comes a point where more money doesn't significantly alter your life for the good. It was just one of those epiphanous moments for me.

Football is so fixated in la la land that we cannot even imagine the sums involved. Assuming that teks signed a new deal at 50k a week that means he earns in a fortnight what I earn in a year and I consider myself well off! And that's without the sponsorship deals. It's the last I'll say on the subject 'cos you either side with it or you don't. There's such thing as enough money IMO, the rest is often superfluous. 

Oh, well bed time....work in the morning. Going to enjoy the time Tekkers is here with us.

This isn't a promotion! It's the same job.

If you wouldn't move to a different company doing the same job that pays in 1 year more than you will earn in fifty........

Anyway HUUGE home match against the Bin dippers coming up. What a reception the team will get. Gutted I am missing the match!

Go Tekkers!

difference is football players stop earning at 35ish, so they have to stack up that dough! so they can then spend it on some genius scheme like flourescent tampons with built in mp3 players!

That's a million dollar idea...

Billion dollar. For far too long the humble tampon has been a neglected and non-musical part of a lady's wardrobe.

• Like 2

Anyone else find it incredibly enjoyable that A) Mourinho doesn't rate Benteke and B) he feels threatened enough or is enough of a baby to have to take underhanded swipes like the description of Benteke, "He's a great player, but only for a certain style of football."

First of all it's good because it probably means Chelsea won't go for Benteke even in an upcoming window or next summer, and also just the fact that Mourinho is irritated that Villa went toe to toe with his much more expensive side so he feels the need to make petty comments about the team .

Come January if we continue to develop and play as we are then we will be round about top six, Liverpool will be there or there abouts as well, This could well be our year to get back in the big time. If this is actually the case this may just help keep teckers as lets be honest, Chelski are an established top side and have played together for a while, we on the other hand are still learning and will keep improving as the season goes on and confidence rises. Someone at some point is going to get a hell of a beating from us.

Someone at some point is going to get a hell of a beating from us.

If we can take this form and passion into the games against the teams outside to top 6 I fully agree!

Passion starts with the manager, think we saw enough of that last night, the difference I think will be that the players have to perform as we now have good replacements on the bench, Christ Baccuna and Helenious havent even started yet, this really could be a good year.

Just my opinon here but i would already be thinking about another new contract for this guy giving him what ever wage he wants to sign for 6-7 years. i appriciate this might sound mad but lets face it by now i think we all know this guy is the real deal and by giving him a huge contract the only a risk if he gets injured but i am sure we could get insurance to cover this eventuality. The long contract would show commitment by us and him to the cause and also mean a massive fee if anyone wants to buy him. I normally take the view on players that if i was running Villa everybody would be for sale at anytime as long as we got a great price for them that was on Villa's terms based on the fact that i have full confidence in the clubs ability to find replacement's of same or better quality that are perhaps a bit unproven. In Benteke's case he is so key to our play that i am not sure how we replace him if and when he does leave. I would also have put a clause in his contract which gifted him a 40-50% pay rise every year that he scores 15+ league goals but also adding an extra year onto that contract.

While on the subject of contacts if this Okore is as good as people think he will be then by christmas time if he is another player looking the real deal then get him on a very long term contract with performance incentives etc. We need to be proactive in our contract negotiations keep constantly reviewing thinsg making sure we get best value for money while keeping and rewarding our best players.

Something that struck me about Benteke recently is that he could probably improve his hold-up play. I think at times he looks for the lay-off/flick-on at every opportunity, even when it is likely to concede possession.

Much as I love this guy - I hope, when the tough start has calmed down, for Helenius to prove himself to be an able deputy for CB. Starting to get a bit pissed off at the press referring to us as FC Benteke and saying we're a one man team. We are no more so than Utd or Spurs last season.

none of the goals so far this season would have been possible without gabby. **** the press, they like their easy stories but the fact is that the whole team has been playing on another level compared to before.

But i agree with giving helenius a couple game minutes, i think its more a matter of when benteke leaves and at that point its important to have helenius or whoever is going to fill his gap already used to playing with the team. To lessen the honeymoon period or whatever you want to call it

Â