Christian Benteke

Kwan

This thread is lacking some basic common sense so let me bring some to the table.

Benteke just signed a new contract; logically ending all possibility of a summer move.

This thread was euphoric for a few days and rightly so, I even brought Benteke back into my FIFA 13 seasons team.

You play as Villa? :o

Yes, hence my 5 straight relegations in a row ruining all my good work with Juventus!

:P

I am concerned he might be abducted by aliens and forced to miss the season. Could someone give me the probability of that happening and our chances of finding a replacement before the season starts?

I would put that at around 4/1, in terms of our chances of replacing him before the season starts well that depends on Ronaldo getting upset at the arrival of Bale and deciding he wants a new challenge at B6.

So even you yourself accept that it is not impossible then which is Morpheus's concern.

It is possible but as you also state highly improbable.

I'm not being negative, but just working on the premise that football is a funny old game & literally anything can & does happen.

Am I personally concerned? No, not at the minute, but, if as Morpheus quite rightly points out, other clubs suddenly become awash with an obscene amount of cash then I might start to become a little nervous.

I;m pretty chilled right now though.

Almost anything is possible. It's possible that our entire squad could all break their legs in training (and to be fair it's more likely than Benteke leaving this summer) but who here is worried about that happening?

I never said you were negative. Of course anything can happen, but it is highly improbable that Benteke will leave this window and therefore not worth worrying about.

I'm sure some people may have nagging doubt's (I'm not one of them) as is their right.

I'm just stating that nothing surprises me in football. Nothing.

What if Lambert brought Heskey back?

Ooh this could be fun; the "what would surprise villa-rev" game

Edited by troon_villan

I'm sure some people may have nagging doubt's (I'm not one of them) as is their right.

No. It would be totally boring.

What if Bannan thrives at Blackburn (or wherever) and has PL teams chasing him in January?

What if Bannan thrives at Blackburn (or wherever) and has PL teams chasing him in January?

I'd say that's almost a given tbh

Sooo...

Does someone want to post all the gifs of Benteke (THE ASTON VILLA PLAYER) being awesome and scoring goals. pls. 

anyone got the gifs :@? 

Here's one.

Benteke_1b_medium.gif

• Like 2

"Benteke leaving" this summer is just like "Aston Villa will be relegated this season" was last season. It looked all-over-bar-the-shouting (not that that there was no shouting already...), and after it became exceptionally unlikely, a few folks insisted on repeatedly posting "hey, it could happen".

This thread is lacking some basic common sense so let me bring some to the table.

Benteke just signed a new contract; logically ending all possibility of a summer move.

This thread was euphoric for a few days and rightly so, I even brought Benteke back into my FIFA 13 seasons team.

You play as Villa? :o

Yes, hence my 5 straight relegations in a row ruining all my good work with Juventus!

:P

Stop playing on semi pro, drop it to amateur!

Seriously though, try Bacuna on the right wing in the 433 holding formation. Use Sylla, Delph and Tonev/Gardner as the mid three.

What are you talking lads? Villa is one of most overpowered teams in FIFA you can find, all due to pace and overrated duo of Bannan and Delph. Delfuenso and Agbonlahor can destroy any defence. And Benteke's strenght just adds to it.

And the best bit, the midfield with Delph, Nzgobia and Bannan is the best midfield you can field with star rating Villa have. Bannan has better passing skiils than Mata for example ffs in FIFA  :P

Anyway Benteke is surely staying, non sensical to see him leaving now.

However as I said few times last year, if he goes onto another 20+ goal streaks plus has a good World Cup to that, he will definitely leave. He might not if we 1) Get into CL somehow 2) Get ultra rich.. but hopes of that aren't brightest. But Hopefully by then Helenius will be moulded into a Premier League striker.

Edited by Alakagom

My dearest Morpheus, I did not state that you posted you were excessively concerned.

I am aware of the possibilities and understand you are concerned. I have stated why I believe the probability of the subject of your concern is so unlikely that the concern is unnecessary. It's now obvious that we disagree over the probability (not possibility) of Benteke leaving this window. I accept your concern (of any level ;)), please accept my opinion that your concern in unnecessary.

Perhaps we could move on to looking forward to watching Benteke playing against Walsall?

In your post 13540 page 677 you stated 'and an understanding that being excessively concerned can be viewed as a negative trait' so the implication is there brommy.

Actually it is the possibility we disagree over. If i am correct your opinion is based on no possibility of Benteke moving due to signing a new contract and no-one meeting our original valuation within the allotted time period.

In my opinion there is still a possibility that he might move due to other transfers going through and clubs involved in those transfers then being able to meet whatever our valuation would be now.

That is why i cannot except your opinion that my concern is unnecessary. 

My dearest Morpheus, I did not state that you posted you were excessively concerned.

I am aware of the possibilities and understand you are concerned. I have stated why I believe the probability of the subject of your concern is so unlikely that the concern is unnecessary. It's now obvious that we disagree over the probability (not possibility) of Benteke leaving this window. I accept your concern (of any level ;)), please accept my opinion that your concern in unnecessary.

Perhaps we could move on to looking forward to watching Benteke playing against Walsall?

In your post 13540 page 677 you stated 'and an understanding that being excessively concerned can be viewed as a negative trait' so the implication is there brommy.

Actually it is the possibility we disagree over. If i am correct your opinion is based on no possibility of Benteke moving due to signing a new contract and no-one meeting our original valuation within the allotted time period.

In my opinion there is still a possibility that he might move due to other transfers going through and clubs involved in those transfers then being able to meet whatever our valuation would be now.

That is why i cannot except your opinion that my concern is unnecessary. 

Morpheus, I've even given a percentage chance of Benteke leaving this summer, so how you equate that to me believing there is no possibility of Benteke moving is mind-boggling.

You have often demonstrated that your reading of my posts is too selective and your subsequent understanding is deeply flawed. On this basis, you have made it very difficult to converse with you on this matter. I therefore won't bother.

Benteke, like all of our squad as well as coaching staff, training ground, manager & even Villa Park may have been sold by the start of the season.

Seems beyond reasonable doubt that non of that will happen though at this point, doesn't it? It's not quite impossible but its unfeckinglikely.

• Like 1

Just for the record, his new contract is worth around £12.5m if he is on £60k a week. It is freshly signed and it would take a hell of a bid to take him from us now. 

If a team could have had him for £25m a few weeks back, they won't be wanting to pay an extremely inflated price now. 

Either way we don't want or need to sell, Lambert wants to keep him, Benteke wants to stay. Talk of him going anywhere now is just daft and illogical. 

• Like 2

Â