Christian Benteke

Kwan

Kendrick just tweeted that Benteke is training with the First team squad....

I really can't imagine Lambert allowing that unless he was sure to be playing for us...

- I suspect the time limit has expired... (well - we've reached page 600!!)  ;)

He'll train with the first team squad while no toys get thrown from the pram, as is customary. He has already been told he will be welcomed back into the squad and that appears to have happened. If a bid came in, he might still be sold. But he's part of the first team squad while he behaves himself.

No necessarily mig4villa. I think it could still go either way, right now.

There would be no point in making him train with the reserves, if an acceptable offer could still be recieved in the next days (or weeks). If that bid never comes in, and he was with the reserves, he would then need to be brought back into the first team squad. The awkwardness amongst the squad would definately go up a few notches.

I'd imagine if this isn't sorted by the first weekend in August it won't be till next summer. I certainly do not want to wake up hung over in Galway and find news that CB has left us.

I'd imagine if this isn't sorted by the first weekend in August it won't be till next summer. I certainly do not want to wake up hung over in Galway and find news that CB has left us.

Don't think Lambert will want to be rushing around and overpaying for a replacement just before the deadline either.

Well if I were a Villa player being a Villa fan with it (such as Gabby) I'd find it hard to act as though nothing happened.

To be honest, as much as Gabby obviously loves the club, I'd imagine if Spurs were offering 20 odd million for him and offering to triple his wages, he'd probably be making the move himself.

Exactly.  If spurs came in for any of our players they would be willing to make the move.

How do you know this exactly?  I'm pretty sure most of our players would stick around at Villa as they seem to  have all bought into what Lambert is trying to do.  

It is my opinion, spurs are pushing for a CL, they are a step up from us at present.  Do you really think players do not want to play CL or a team who have a chance of playing in it.  That they would not like a huge pay rise.  How do you know they have all brought into what Lambert is doing?. 

Because our players (apart from one) all seem to be renewing their contracts and publicly stating that they like what's happening at Villa.  They obviously have the belief that Villa are on the way back up and I'm pretty sure the majority of them who have been in English football for a while, know very well that Spurs are not a step up from Villa and are just as likely to be hitting the skids in a couple of years' time.

When Newcastle hit fifth last year did you think our players would be all off up there?

Because nobody else is in for them, talk about claret and blue specs.  what are they meant to say, well none of the top 4 are interested in me so I am going to sign a longer contract on more money but next year if a bigger club come in for me than I am going to kick up a fuss.  To say that spurs are not a step up from us at present and any of our player would not jump at a move to them is just deluded

Lay off the tabloids, mate, you are being brainwashed and falling into their short term, extremist way of thinking.  Believe it or not, some players can actually think for themselves and see a bigger picture and plan taking shape at Villa Park.  Let's see what happens in the next 12, 24, 36 months.

• Like 1

No necessarily mig4villa. I think it could still go either way, right now.

There would be no point in making him train with the reserves, if an acceptable offer could still be recieved in the next days (or weeks). If that bid never comes in, and he was with the reserves, he would then need to be brought back into the first team squad. The awkwardness amongst the squad would definately go up a few notches.

Any more awkward than training with the team when no-one knows if he's staying or going?  My thinking was that Lambert wouldn't want that disruption, and also wouldn't want Christian taking with him any inside gen on new players, formations, tactics etc with him if he does end up at Spuds?? - Didn't Lambert say somewhere that the reason for a time limit was to get as close as poss to a full pre-season with the squad we're going with...?

He's turned up because he still wants his money i think trying to say hes come back because he could say etc is clutching at straws.

Think its more to do with the fact that he was given extra time off and his agent has still been unable to orchestrate his move or even been able to get Spuds to make a bid.

I just wonder you know... Many people are suggesting he was tapped up by Spurs around January time. His potential price at that time p and maybe Villas potential relegation probably ment that Benteke was in their price bracket around £15 million. His ending to the season has and Villa staying up have probably doubled his value, Spurs are struggling to match this.

I wonder what might happen...

Look now he is back in training the other players and the coaches etc will be in his ear trying to get him to stay.

Villa let him have the extra time off to aloow him and SPurs to come up with a deal.  Spurs have let him down big time.  Look at David Villa Spurs dithered the same way so he went elsewhere.

He's turned up because he still wants his money i think trying to say hes come back because he could say etc is clutching at straws.

I'm only dealing in facts. He has handed in a transfer request and he has turned up for training on the day he was supposed to. He is also training with the first team squad. Any speculation like, oh I dunno, speculating on his motives, would be on less firm ground - or closer to straw clutching. #justsaying

Rather than Levy playing a waiting game with the assumption that as every day passes his camp get stronger..... Villa could stipulate 25 mill by a certain date and increments of 1 mill increase until transfer deadline day.

After all said and done Villa deserve some sort of compensation built in for the disruption to their season.

That would also show Benteke where the main source of obstacle is coming from, if he doesn't already know.

Rather than Levy playing a waiting game with the assumption that as every day passes his camp get stronger..... Villa could stipulate 25 mill by a certain date and increments of 1 mill increase until transfer deadline day.

After all said and done Villa deserve some sort of compensation built in for the disruption to their season.

That would also show Benteke where the main source of obstacle is coming from, if he doesn't already know.

As per the club's confirmation of the transfer request; I strongly suspect that there will be no negotiations after a certain date. I'm not saying that date has already passed, but if he's still here in two weeks, then I'd put my hat on him being here on September the first.

NB: I have no hat, but you get the point.

Edited by Shillzz
  • Like 1

If the scenario occurs that CB stays at VP and he maintains the behavior to date, my hope is that Villa fans will be as welcoming to him as Lambert is being.   Put it behind us, maybe we get a CB on form and although we may be faced with this situation come January an on form CB is an asset to have.

Â