Christian Benteke

Kwan

Just been doing some reading a lot of Spurs fans aren't even that keen on Benteke due to the way he's behaving, the fact he's only performed for one season and the price lol

They're fast running out of options though, and I can't imagine their fans would be too chuffed to see them going into another season with Adebayor and Defoe as their only strikers either.

Just been doing some reading a lot of Spurs fans aren't even that keen on Benteke due to the way he's behaving, the fact he's only performed for one season and the price lol

My mate would be in that general ball park but he'd still love it if the player ended up at Spurs (given their shite strikeforce). He just can't see Levy paying the asking fee and also doesn't like the attitude (although all he has done is request a transfer). None of it makes sense for Spurs. I've told him they'll regret it because he'll be worth over £30m next summer and he'll only be interested in CL clubs at that point.

If Manure buy Bale then Spuds will be swimming in cash and we can milk them for loads!!!!

I think if Bale goes Bentakey would consider not going to Spuds, the whole appeal of them is playing alongside Bale which in all fairness is attractive to most players 

Playing alongside Messi, I would imagine, is attractive to most players.  Playing alongside Bale?  I'm not so sure.   He's not that level of player at this present time.

My mate would be in that general ball park but he'd still love it if the player ended up at Spurs (given their shite strikeforce). He just can't see Levy paying the asking fee and also doesn't like the attitude (although all he has done is request a transfer). None of it makes sense for Spurs. I've told him they'll regret it because he'll be worth over £30m next summer and he'll only be interested in CL clubs at that point.

If Levy doesn't meet the asking price, Benteke and his agent are going to look like mugs.

If Levy doesn't meet the asking price, Benteke and his agent are going to look like mugs.

I think they already look like mugs and there is no going back,

Bale going may be good news for us as that will significantly weaken spuds, I f I was a player for villa i would tell him to hang fire before jumping as the grass may not be greaner, and anyone who says spuds will be loaded need to remember they need that money for a new ground

Ignoring all the newspaper bullshit, all he has done is request a transfer and return to training :/ He doesn't look a mug at all at the moment, and if he continues to train and play well and we get to August and he's scoring for the first team he might even come out of it with credit because he'll have asked first and then got his head down when no offer was forthcoming.

In my head, he doesn't come out of that scenario with any credit, BOF.

To Me, it would be "Okay, as you were then", and that's all.

Edited by Rob182

If Manure buy Bale then Spuds will be swimming in cash and we can milk them for loads!!!!

I think if Bale goes Bentakey would consider not going to Spuds, the whole appeal of them is playing alongside Bale which in all fairness is attractive to most players 

Playing alongside Messi, I would imagine, is attractive to most players.  Playing alongside Bale?  I'm not so sure.   He's not that level of player at this present time.

And never will be.

Ignoring all the newspaper bullshit, all he has done is request a transfer and return to training :/ He doesn't look a mug at all at the moment, and if he continues to train and play well and we get to August and he's scoring for the first team he might even come out of it with credit because he'll have asked first and then got his head down when no offer was forthcoming.

I do not see how he can come out of it with credit. He put in a transfer request after completing only 1 year of a 4 year contract that he so willingly signed last year. To me, this is the action of a person with no integrity.

In my head, he doesn't come out of that scenarion with any credit, BOF.

To Me, it would be "Okay, as you were then", and that's all.

People currently have him down as a bit of a trouble maker. They've taken what he did to Genk and are extrapolating what he might do at Villa (which he hasn't done yet) and they've decided we've a nutter on our hands. If he does this transfer request by the book and accepts the fact it mightn't happen, then he'll have shown those people that he's not the liability that they thought he was. That's the credit he'll get. He'll also deserve credit in my opinion for being able to get back to work at a club that his agent no doubt advised him to try and leave. Probably not easy for a 22 year old hot property to do.
  • Like 2

I do not see how he can come out of it with credit. He put in a transfer request after completing only 1 year of a 4 year contract that he so willingly signed last year. To me, this is the action of a person with no integrity.

So if he has zero integrity, how much integrity would a player have if he asked to leave and then told the club to 'do one' when they asked him to return, refusing to come back to training, maybe doing interviews in papers with direct quotes bad mouthing the club saying how he never wants to play for them again and spends the close-season sitting in Belgium. Or is it possible to have negative integrity? You see how things could be a whole lot worse?
  • Like 1

Just seen the pictures of him in training on SSN. He looks to have grown even bigger

Yes - The guy's an absolute beast.

Right now as things stand he is our beast too.

All £35M of him hopefully.

Will I be cheering when he hits the back of the net in a claret & blue shirt?

Not even the Mods could stop me ;):)

So if he has zero integrity, how much integrity would a player have if he asked to leave and then told the club to 'do one' when they asked him to return, refusing to come back to training, maybe doing interviews in papers with direct quotes bad mouthing the club saying how he never wants to play for them again and spends the close-season sitting in Belgium. Or is it possible to have negative integrity? You see how things could be a whole lot worse?

So by doing only one wrong and not a whole load of wrongs means that he has integrity?

Well sorry, I didn't realise that there was an official scale.

You learn something new every day.

So by doing only one wrong and not a whole load of wrongs means that he has integrity?

Do you speak like that to people when you're not on a forum? Just curious.

Do you speak like that to people when you're not on a forum? Just curious.

That depends on the parties in the conversation, the topic matter being discussed and how many beers I have had!

:D

Â