Christian Benteke

Kwan

To be honest i think there's a lot of people jumping the gun, so to speak, on here. Benteke hasnt spoken to the media to say he wants to leave, he spoke to the club and handed in a transfer request (which is meant to be professional). When the news broke loose, CB's agent said that Benteke was more than happy to stay at villa if there werent any offers made or a move wasnt suitable on villa's terms. The guy is a 22 year old footballer, i doubt he knows or even gives a f*ck about the politics of football. He has the ambition and the talent to get where he wants and i want players like that at our club because the club will benefit. He also scores goals and ensured the survival of our club in the Premier League; what else could we want? I think we should wait a while before winding ourselves up too much about rumours, spurs fans, and other hypothetical ideas and scenarios that have been dreamed up by the media and fans alike. Stick to the facts. Lambert will work this out and we should be behind that decision no matter what. UTV.

I'm pretty sure that the comments from CB's agent about how Benteke would be happy to stay if both parties are not happy was BEFORE the transfer request was handed in. It was back when he was on international duty, I believe.

Stick to the facts ;)

In all seriousness if Bale went for £60m we'd have to ask for £30m from Spurs. Bale is obviously outstanding but he only scored one more goal the Benteke last season, who is younger and didn't start playing until September. Obviously Bale is superior but more than twice the player? No chance.

Factor in Bale only got 9 goals the season before as well and last season could be a one off in terms of output as everything seemed to go in for him.

pretty awkward i'm guessing, everyone else has been out in germany getting to know the new lads, that on it's own would make it a bit weird. add to that your agent has made you look like a word removed and it's prob not going to be the happiest of mornings for him.

He will be there. I wonder how awkward it will be.

I'd imagine it would be akin to taking a p*ss in a public swimming pool only to realise the water contains the stuff that goes purple in the presence of Urine.

Wish I could like this using my mobile.

He will be there. I wonder how awkward it will be.

I'd imagine it would be akin to taking a p*ss in a public swimming pool only to realise the water contains the stuff that goes purple in the presence of Urine.
Wish I could like this using my mobile.

Just press the tick in the top right corner of his post.

I'm not so sure it will be that big an issue though. Footballers don't seem to see this stuff the way we do.

• Like 3

According to BMail Sylla will be asked to help reintegrate him into the squad as they became good friends.

He'd probably turn Syllas head to.

Sylla will be in the back seat off to Spurs

• Like 1

Will it really be an issue, it is a job to the players, sure they understand that he wants to move onto a club which at present has better prospects.  Not sure it will be awkward at all.

This.

He is 22 years old and probably more worried about getting his hands on a PS4 than his immediate future.

He has taken advice, whether good or bad, and acted accordingly. He will turn up for training with the first team squad and be welcomed by Paul Lambert as such.

What will be, will be, but I don't think that it will affect day to day training one iota.

Will it really be an issue, it is a job to the players, sure they understand that he wants to move onto a club which at present has better prospects.  Not sure it will be awkward at all.

This.

He is 22 years old and probably more worried about getting his hands on a PS4 than his immediate future.

He has taken advice, whether good or bad, and acted accordingly. He will turn up for training with the first team squad and be welcomed by Paul Lambert as such.

What will be, will be, but I don't think that it will affect day to day training one iota.

Yeah like none of the baggies players cared when odemwinge tried to leave. Of course it will be awkward, they are a tight nit group all buying into lamberts plans, Benteke doesn't want to part of it so it will feel a little strange. Just because they earn good money doesnt mean they are devoid of feelings.

• Like 1

Â