Christian Benteke

Kwan

As far as I'm concerned I've got no problem with him. He has put in his request and kept his gob shut, that's the right way to do things. Everything else that has got people worked up is just papers and pundits earning their keep and more fool you if you buy into it. Of course I would prefer him to stay but I'm not going to get all indignant over it because I certainly wasn't complaining when he joined us.

However, if he's not there on the dot tomorrow that would change my attitude towards the situation significantly.

If Benteke has read this thread during its time he will surely see that Villa fans value him more than any others. He will also see some angry messages but that should make him realise just how much he means to the fans and understand that they are only angry because they dont want to see him leave.

I hope the big fella doesn't mess us around and is professional about all this and trains like he would normally whilst he awaits a bid big enough to please the club. If that bid isn't made, I hope he knuckles down, plays his heart out next season and shows the others what they've missed out on.

Tomorrow is the day to judge him as a person. If he is petulant enough to not turn up for training then even Belgian guy won't have a defence for him. ;)

I wouldn't be so sure about that...

;) only messing belgian guy

hehe if he doesn't show up im done with him.

If Benteke has read this thread during its time he will surely see that Villa fans value him more than any others. He will also see some angry messages but that should make him realise just how much he means to the fans and understand that they are only angry because they dont want to see him leave.

I hope the big fella doesn't mess us around and is professional about all this and trains like he would normally whilst he awaits a bid big enough to please the club. If that bid isn't made, I hope he knuckles down, plays his heart out next season and shows the others what they've missed out on.

he can't read english

Edited by Belgian guy

Tomorrow is the day to judge him as a person. If he is petulant enough to not turn up for training then even Belgian guy won't have a defence for him. ;)

I wouldn't be so sure about that... ;) only messing belgian guy

hehe if he doesn't show up im done with him.

he can't read english

Translate it for him then! ;–)

• Like 1

Shit the money may well be there

My Tottenham insider told me last week that they expected to keep Bale for one more season, then he would need to be sold to help finance stadium redevelopment.

But then I guess that plenty at Villa expected to keep Benteke for just one more season....

Even better! £40m please!

I wish those dopey clearings in the woods at the FA would insist with all those dopey clearings in the woods at  FIFA that the transfer window should close the first week in July to coincide with all clubs return to training.

I'm sick to death going into most seasons completely unprepared because the window doesn't shut until 1st September & the team is already 3 games into the new season without knowing for certain it's full list of available players.

The transfer window in it's current format is just too disruptive & destabilising. Villa have already proven this pre-season how quickly business can be conducted if you seriously want it to happen.

IMO the window should open on the final whistle of the last game of the season & should close first friday in July so that all teams know exactly where they stand & what they are going to go with without all their preparation being in vain. Last season we signed Bennett, Benteke, El Ahmadi & Vlaar etc & had to integrate them into the squad as the pre-season & season progressed.

This would also mean that you could give proper game time to your squad during friendlies as opposed to getting them fit for somebody else's benefit.

If you take the current situation with Benteke, tomorrow would not present a will he wont he turn up for training situation, because the problem would have already been solved. Plus a replacement would already be in place if Benteke had gone.

I bet you I post something similar again next season.

It's like the clocks being put back. The majority can't see the sense in doing it but the authorities in their infinite wisdom just waffle on & then do nowt to prevent it.

Rant Over - Thank God! :D:):bang:

Some think it's his job. If I signed a four year contract and wanted to bail after one year... it's not gonna be a good move.

It makes a mockery of having contracts for longer than a year.

Yes, these guys have guaranteed contracts. They should be honoured.

If everyone honoured their contracts there would be no transfer fees.

I suppose you wish Stephen Ireland and Shay Given to honour their contracts too and stay?

One might say he has used Villa as a stepping stone, but that is the same with anybody in all walks of life who has ambition. To say he did the job he was paid to do is wrong because with 19 goals and many assists  he did more than anybody to keep us up, so 20k a week is small change for what we would have lost without his contributions.

Hope he's experiencing a bit of brummie hospitality with an internal examination at BHX........here's hoping;-)

They would as well. I've had my bags turned out and examined there. Not a euphemism.

I sort of agree, but if you shorten the transfer window you massively increase the chance for over-spending on panic buys as the window becomes as short as the January window fee's rise as business has to be done much quicker. 

Then the likes of Lowton and Westwood moving for 900k are hugely less likely to happen. Although at the other end Spurs would have stumped up for Benteke by now.

They won't sell to Utd, they would rather sell to Madrid..
I bet there is a deal to be made though, a fair deal, one that suits both parties.
Rooney + £25m = Gareth Bale No Benteke bid from Spurs unless this doesn't happen. Edited by NurembergVillan

Â