Christian Benteke

Kwan

Its a joke really the state of the Premier League... Its the equivalent of a Grand Prix race with 3 Formula 1 cars racing against 4 Golf GTI's, 10 Vauxhall Vectra's & a couple of Citreon Picasso's.

Thats not a race its a mismatch.. Its about time the FA sorted something out now as it's become a farce really in my opinion. Long gone are the days when i used to buy a season ticket full of hope for the new season, wondering could we win the title or FA cup.

This goes beyond the FA.

The FA could impose arbitrary wage caps, a universal transfer fee limit, hell, even go really crazy and have a player draft like they do in the NFL. And all of the good players will piss off to Germany, Italy and Spain, and leave us watching Joe **** Bennett walking around thinking he's Ronaldo.

They could quite easily impose a soft salary cap e.g. for every £ spent over £xm in salary a club has to pay a tax of x% that gets redistributed to poorer clubs. 

Say it was 25% over £50m a year. Then for every £1m extra spent on salary £250k is added to be redistributed. These are numbers I've plucked out of the air btw.

I say it would be easy, of course it wouldn't, it would be illegal but if the clubs and the players union agreed not to mount a legal challenge and signed an agreement to that effect it could be achieved.  

Very easy solution to ensure some competitive balance whilst also allowing the top clubs clubs to carry on pissing away money if they really want to. 

Cheers Benteke, now bugger off and thanks for all the fish. This is about Villa the club. You don't wanna be here then you go. I have a great buzz about the likes of Andi, Brad, Matty and  few others. I don't want us to be owned by the Russian Mafia or have Arab playboys spunking money up our jacksie, so if we can't compete then I'd rather see a bunch of 'kids' bleeding for the cause.

Who knows, maybe one day we'll see our own Le Tissier.

• Like 1

If only we could combine the talent of Benteke with the personality of Carew...

Carew had all the talent in the world, he was just kind of a bum. An endlessly likeable, totally cool bum, but a bum nonetheless.

Its a joke really the state of the Premier League... Its the equivalent of a Grand Prix race with 3 Formula 1 cars racing against 4 Golf GTI's, 10 Vauxhall Vectra's & a couple of Citreon Picasso's.

Race Result

1. Formula 1 car no.1

2. Formula 1 car no.2

3. Formula 1 car no.3

4, Golf Gti no.1

5. Golf Gti no.2

6. Golf Gti no.3

etc etc etc

Relegated

17. Vauxhall Vectra ??? (By far the most interesting contest of the year)

18. Citroen Picasso no.1

19. Citroen Picasso no.2

Thats not a race its a mismatch.. Its about time the FA sorted something out now as it's become a farce really in my opinion. Long gone are the days when i used to buy a season ticket full of hope for the new season, wondering could we win the title or FA cup.

Now i think...Shall i bother spending my money to watch a few games this season? I don't even bother looking at the big games anymore against the "money teams" as frankly there is no point really. Even if you outplay them (which in itself is highly unlikely) then you never get the rub of the green from the officials against these teams (very odd that) so i would rather go to a game we have at least a fair chance of winning. I don't want to watch a re-run of the race i've highlighted above.. it's boring frankly & not my idea of a fun day out. Neither do i like watching the Sky 4 games on TV week in week out. Lost count of how many times last season there were cracking games which had loads riding on them between the relegation threatened teams which were ignored & instead we got the dullness of another meaningless foregone conclusion at Old Trafford with Man Utd against whoever.

For me the game is in danger of losing it's soul. Just a bunch of overpaid blokes who have lost the spirit of football... For me the game is all about hope & dreams & belief... It is worth little when all of those things have been stifled.

Been saying this for a long time (not frequently).  The problem is that you can't in any way get any kind of parity when you have a promotion and relegation system.  The NFL does a great job with parity; it makes it way more fun and entertaining, but that model, of course, cannot fit in a system where you can cease to be a member of it if you play poorly (i.e. don't have money).

Yeah, NFL is a lot more competitive largely because of the hard salary cap. The key to parity is actually the centralised tv deal and the shared revenue though. The NFL is so insanely popular in the US it draws huge ratings regardless of who is playing. 

If you compare it to baseball, the key to big spending baseball teams is having a big local population (market) and hence a big local tv deal which they negotiate themselves. 

The thing that will eventually kill the premier league as a competition completely is when, like in Spain, the top clubs negotiate their own tv deals rather than having a centralised revenue sharing contract. It is bound to happen eventually, there are just too many muppets who want to watch Man U every week and don't care about the rest of the league. 

Get rid of him ASAP.

Yes, last season he basically kept us up but Bent did the same the year before. We knew from the stuff he spouted before joining it wasn't going to be long term so to at least triple our outlay on him by moving him on is the way forward.

Lambert has started to build a 'team' at Villa, and this clown doesn't want to be part of it. Many others will. I do believe his agent has a lot to answer for, probably knows he can get a nice fat pay cheque elsewhere.

The whole situation is an example of what the mentality of most professional footballers is these days. They want quick buck, believe their own hype and are woefully advised. I'm sorry, but he's just another Downing-esque mercenary. He did it to Genk, he's doing it to Villa and he'll probably do it again in the near future. Unless he moves to a Champions League side, then it will prove he's an idiot as next season I think we could spring a few surprises.

UTV!!

Edited by UpTheVilla26

This goes beyond the FA.

The FA could impose arbitrary wage caps, a universal transfer fee limit, hell, even go really crazy and have a player draft like they do in the NFL. And all of the good players will piss off to Germany, Italy and Spain, and leave us watching Joe **** Bennett walking around thinking he's Ronaldo.

If only there was a governing body overseeing the game as a whole who could impose these rules worldwide.

Oh wait...

Race Result

1. Formula 1 car no.1

2. Formula 1 car no.2

3. Formula 1 car no.3

4, Golf Gti no.1

5. Golf Gti no.2

6. Golf Gti no.3

etc etc etc

Relegated

17. Vauxhall Vectra ??? (By far the most interesting contest of the year)

18. Citroen Picasso no.1

19. Citroen Picasso no.2

Now i think...Shall i bother spending my money to watch a few games this season? I don't even bother looking at the big games anymore against the "money teams" as frankly there is no point really. Even if you outplay them (which in itself is highly unlikely) then you never get the rub of the green from the officials against these teams (very odd that) so i would rather go to a game we have at least a fair chance of winning. I don't want to watch a re-run of the race i've highlighted above.. it's boring frankly & not my idea of a fun day out. Neither do i like watching the Sky 4 games on TV week in week out. Lost count of how many times last season there were cracking games which had loads riding on them between the relegation threatened teams which were ignored & instead we got the dullness of another meaningless foregone conclusion at Old Trafford with Man Utd against whoever.

For me the game is in danger of losing it's soul. Just a bunch of overpaid blokes who have lost the spirit of football... For me the game is all about hope & dreams & belief... It is worth little when all of those things have been stifled.

Been saying this for a long time (not frequently).  The problem is that you can't in any way get any kind of parity when you have a promotion and relegation system.  The NFL does a great job with parity; it makes it way more fun and entertaining, but that model, of course, cannot fit in a system where you can cease to be a member of it if you play poorly (i.e. don't have money).

Yeah, NFL is a lot more competitive largely because of the hard salary cap. The key to parity is actually the centralised tv deal and the shared revenue though. The NFL is so insanely popular in the US it draws huge ratings regardless of who is playing. 

If you compare it to baseball, the key to big spending baseball teams is having a big local population (market) and hence a big local tv deal which they negotiate themselves. 

The thing that will eventually kill the premier league as a competition completely is when, like in Spain, the top clubs negotiate their own tv deals rather than having a centralised revenue sharing contract. It is bound to happen eventually, there are just too many muppets who want to watch Man U every week and don't care about the rest of the league. 

Luckily 14 Premier League teams need to agree to change the rules.

Outside of Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Liverpool it doesn't really make much sense for anybody. Maybe City and Spurs. Still need another 8 clubs. Nobody in the bottom half would do it. Doesn't make sense for anyone. So it wont happen hopefully

Do we need a poll for people who want him to stay or people who want him to go? 

Would anyone want a player, who has lumped in a transfer request, to stay at the club?? I wouldn't and I am sure Lambert, deep down, won't want that in the dressing room.

Going way off topic, but I'd honestly say it won't be long until a European league is in place. Th "big clubs" can then go and play each other other week, with us so called smaller clubs left behind to scrap for a poorer English league without all the glory supporters.

Bringing back on topic, why are people saying Spurs favourites to sign him? Have any bids come in?

Edited by mikeyp102

Going way off topic, but I'd honestly say it won't be long until a European league is in place. Th "big clubs" can then go and play each other other week, with us so called smaller clubs left behind to scrap for a poorer English league without all the glory supporters.

Bringing back on topic, why are people saying Spurs favourites to sign him? Have any bids come in?

Inclined to agree.It's not just the Pem League all over Europe the leagues are dominated by a few teams who are miles ahead of the rest.

Â