Christian Benteke

Kwan

Oh well....

Lambert bought Benteke for £7m (or possibly even £5m), he'll buy another.

Whether it's £20m, £25m or £30m I think Lerner will give Lambert the money for sure. After all, he'll get a 4 x return on CB.

Maybe stop us being a one man team next season too.

Gutted. hope he goes to a champs league club, that would at least show he has ambition, if he ends up at Spuds or liverpool then he's let himself down... Another season like last at villa and a good world cup he'd have the pick of any club. Cheers for helping keep us up Christian, hoping he's off to Dortmand but now have a nasty feeling he'll be at tottenham next year :(

Oh well....

Lambert bought Benteke for £7m (or possibly even £5m), he'll buy another.

Whether it's £20m, £25m or £30m I think Lerner will give Lambert the money for sure. After all, he'll get a 4 x return on CB.

Maybe stop us being a one man team next season too.

I very much doubt we will get our next striker that cheap

Clubs will know we have money and take us to the cleaners

I like the way we have give him extra holiday time he did not refuse to travel to Germany

Why not take him we need him match fit in case nobody pays the money

Damage control with the fans I would assume, if he's put a transfer request in then a club must be in for him.

Let's be honest here, I think we're in a much stronger position than we were with Milner, Young and Downing. With the former we had no manager and with the latter we had McLeish. I trust Lambert to see us through this.

• Like 2

Read the Villa statement and what PL says, he ain't going on the cheap. They know what they're doing. Ball is totally in our court even if CB throws his toys out the pram.

I'm not just saying this, but I always kind of doubted Benteke's character. I never got the feeling he loved the club like we loved him

Too late to highjack the Bony move?

Wouldn't be surprised if CB's replacement was another relative 'unknown' like Benteke.

May give us more money to spend on the supply chain - i.e. some real quality in midfield.

Would not have thought this will affect DB9 leaving the club either.

How are you supposed to progress when your best players want to leave all the time. Football is just shite sometimes. How did Dortmund do it? Didn't their players want to leave after 1 decent season>?

• Like 1

Here's the problem though say we sell Benteke for £25mil you think the club we go to for a replacement is going to massively up the price !!

This is a real shitter make no doubt about that 

Sell him to Chelsea and get £20m + Lukaku. I'd be **** chuffed.

With you there.

Spurs 100% going to offer Adebayor and £10m, if this is the case I hope Bale suffers an injury to **** up their season.

The wages for both Defoe or Adebayor mean that both actually make the deal less appealing.

£10m = £10m.

£10m + Adebayor = £10m minus the difference in their wages for the next three years @ £50k a week is the equivalent of £2.5m + Adebayor. 

Benteke's very low wages make a swap pretty unlikely.

Did PL put a figure on his valuation a few months ago?

he said (jokingly) on the footballers show  if someone offered him 20 million he would drive him there himself :)

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes for 22m then. Crap.

Darren Bent to the rescue? Have we been signing wingers for a reason?

To be fair the host had set the price, Lambert was just quick as a flash to say he would drive him there. he then went on to say no player is bigger than the club. It was a great interview btw. The audio is on the footballers football show podcast on itunes & elsewhere.

Lerner dig deep asap, nick the wilfred bony deal somehow, worst case scenario we sell benteke 25m and pay 15 bony equaling 10 mil profit, best case scenario we end up with bony and benteke in the same team storming up the league next season chasing europe ...at least we got back up...

Â