Christian Benteke

Kwan

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5000852/Christian-Benteke-and-Aston-Villa-wait-for-Spurs-offer.html

Daniel Levy is dislikable plain and simple. a miserable misery word removed. If Benteke hasn't signed a new contract by the end of July he and spurs try get him for 20 million he should be held to his contract on his current wage until his contract runs out that would be what he'd deserve but I hope it's all sorted soon and he stays here because the fans love him. Spurs think their this and that I hope they never get champions league in the premier league again

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5000852/Christian-Benteke-and-Aston-Villa-wait-for-Spurs-offer.html

Daniel Levy is dislikable plain and simple. a miserable misery word removed. If Benteke hasn't signed a new contract by the end of July he and spurs try get him for 20 million he should be held to his contract on his current wage until his contract runs out that would be what he'd deserve but I hope it's all sorted soon and he stays here because the fans love him. Spurs think their this and that I hope they never get champions league in the premier league again

If this is true which I very much doubt the arrogance of Levy and Spurs is astounding. Their hypocrisy over Bale and Benteke is beyond belief.

IMO Benteke is going nowhere. Were he to go it categorically will not be to Spurs as they are not big enough and are not in the CL

Edited by bickster

No quotes and it's the sun. If he leaves there's no way it will be for 20mill

What I'm not sure about is how exactly waiting until the season starts means that the price for Benteke will go down. The Sun seem to be writing it up like it's a cunning tactic, but it seems to me to be just hanging around for the sake of it and hoping we/he get desperate. I think Spurs will be in for him, I think they're less likely to be successful if they play silly buggers.

• Like 2

On the cheap sums spurs up and if true should be all we need really to pursuade Christian that if they really wanted him or valued him they would offer what we think he is worth.

If the story is true of course

Not so much concerned about Spurs purported interest. They had a great season, but they're never a constant in the way that the Arse, United, Chelsea or even Citeh are. Now if one of THOSE were to throw their wallets on the table, I think (well, probably know) that CB's head may well be turned.

Leaving it til transfer deadline will increase the price if anything, as it gives us less time and less bargaining ability to bring in a replacement.

or a "dwight Yorke" situation

I think he will sign an improved deal in the next couple of weeks, and then he'll be off this time next year.

I think this would be a different case if we hadn't got our finances in order, but I honestly think that we don't need to sell - it would take a silly offer of £30m+ for us to even consider it this summer IMO.

I just think that as things stand that Benteke will be too much of a gamble for what he would cost to buy - he's only had one season after all! That suits us just fine!

"On the cheap"  :lol:

Why on earth would we sell him "on the cheap" at the very end of the transfer window?  :suspect:  Makes no sense at all. Spurs can feck off. If they wanted him that badly they'd get him as soon as possible and not mess him and us around for so long.

That article is written as though we're trying to sell him. Waiting until the end of the window and then coming in with a cheaper offer as though we've been trying to sell him throughout the summer but failed. Awfully written piece of journalism.

Same story in "The Sunday People" as well. "Tottenham plan to leave it late in the transfer window before making their move for Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke. Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas and new technical director Franco Baldini are both keen to get the Belgium hit-man to White Hart Lane this summer but are ready to play a waiting game in a bid to drive down the price. They rate the player closer to £20m than the £25m Aston Villa will demand". It seems Spurs or the London press see us as being desperate to sell in the window and think we will drop our price unlike they are prepared to do in the case of Bale. £25m is not enough and around £5m less than that is not even close to being enough. Jog on Spurs and your London press friends this is no way to do a deal and we are no selling club pleading with you for your spare change!

Â