Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think he will go and I think he will go for around £20m, not what people want to hear or want to believe but that is what I think will happen.

Surely that's the going rate if that's the actual sum we receive as every transfer fee reported you claim is around 25% less if not more.

Edited by roadoftrinity
  • Like 1

Part of the "new" policy perhaps though.

Buy low, sell high. Now, although I'm sure we all can see how good Benteke is, if he has a rotter next year, we'll be getting nothing like £25m. The bids coming in will be much lower.

Bloody hope we resist though.

If Spurs plan is to wait until the last minute in the hopes we'll panic and sell at a reduced fee it could be a big miscalculation. We're in a strong position. We could operate a Dutch auction and jack the price up at the last minute. If they're that determined/desperate they'd have to pay up or forget it. I'm assuming of course that we would have the balls to stand up to them. If we haven't got the spine for it then we just fold and let them dictate how much they will pay for a player we have on a three year contract. Surely not.

I think he will go and I think he will go for around £20m, not what people want to hear or want to believe but that is what I think will happen.

Surely that's the going rate if that's the actual sum we receive as every transfer fee reported you claim is around 25% less if not more.

This barely makes sense but if I'm reading it correctly, you are suggesting I've said every fee received for player sales is around 25% more than what is actually received.

If that is what you are suggesting I've said no such thing, in fact I've made no comment at all in relation to the fee's received for players sold not least because we have 'sold' very few players these last 3 years.

What I have said is that in reality the fee's paid for players we sign is rarely confirmed at the time of the transfer but people take press figures as being factual. However these fee's are often inflated, this has been proven by the widely reported fee for Lowton being circa £2m when Lambert himself several months later said he cost less than £1m. 

I don't see why he wouldn't go to Spurs. He'd be a definite starter there; if not second/third name on the teamsheet. There's no doubt that he'd play week in, week out.

They're also in the Europa League, which is hardly a Mickey Mouse tournament these days. He'd get even more exposure to playing against some top teams/players. This would surely help him out in the WC.

They're also in London: I know us Brummies like to think Birmingham and the surrounding areas have some great places to live, and that there's some decent nights out to be had, but there's no denying that London has much, much more to offer (especially if you're a young millionaire footballer).

And finally - imagine Bale and Bentekke in the same team. They'd have a serious shot at making the top four next season. They wouldn't have an over-reliance on Bale to score goals for them. The slump they endure when Bale gets injured would be softened by having CB in the line up.

(Gosh, it hurt to post this. I fricking HATE Spurs. I have to put up with their smug, word removed fans on a day to day basis. I hate the fact that we were once on an even par with them/better, but we've slipped away over these last few seasons).

Pulled out of the Germany tour with a 'cold' according to a chap on H&V. I have no idea one way or the other myself, just passing info from one board to another. 

Oh dear. If true not good news.

Pulled out of the Germany tour with a 'cold' according to a chap on H&V. I have no idea one way or the other myself, just passing info from one board to another.

Oh dear. If true not good news.

If true then that's ridiculous and indeed, very, very bad news.

It would be odd for him to be training yesterday and today he all of a sudden has a cold that stops him from flying out. Even with the sniffles, he wouldn't be playing until at least midweek, it wouldn't affect anything.

Hmm.

• Like 1

I don't see why he wouldn't go to Spurs. He'd be a definite starter there; if not second/third name on the teamsheet. There's no doubt that he'd play week in, week out.

They're also in the Europa League, which is hardly a Mickey Mouse tournament these days. He'd get even more exposure to playing against some top teams/players. This would surely help him out in the WC.

They're also in London: I know us Brummies like to think Birmingham and the surrounding areas have some great places to live, and that there's some decent nights out to be had, but there's no denying that London has much, much more to offer (especially if you're a young millionaire footballer).

And finally - imagine Bale and Bentekke in the same team. They'd have a serious shot at making the top four next season. They wouldn't have an over-reliance on Bale to score goals for them. The slump they endure when Bale gets injured would be softened by having CB in the line up.

(Gosh, it hurt to post this. I fricking HATE Spurs. I have to put up with their smug, word removed fans on a day to day basis. I hate the fact that we were once on an even par with them/better, but we've slipped away over these last few seasons).

I fear you are being ground down by the tripe of London journalists.  If the Europa League is such a draw we may as well flog the lad to those other giants of the game, Swansea and Wigan.

Imagine Bale and Benteke?  I'd much rather imagine Gabby, Weimann and Benteke picking up from where they left off last season - far more devastating and enjoyable to watch in my opinion.

• Like 1

It would be odd for him to be training yesterday and today he all of a sudden has a cold that stops him from flying out. Even with the sniffles, he wouldn't be playing until at least midweek, it wouldn't affect anything.

Hmm.

Agree. If true.

Â