Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think it will be harder for Benteke next season in the sense that he's not a surprise package anymore and he will be given special attention by opposition defenders - either 2 men on him all the time or constantly fouled , manhandled etc etc. , this could of course open up more space and chances for the likes of Gabby and Weimann.

You can't manhandle or foul Benteke, you will end up on your arse!

Players can double-mark him all they want, they will bounce off him!

• Like 1

Not all together true that.

There were instances last season where he was roughed up a little and disappeared.

Dortmund have signed Aubayemeng and seem to be keeping Lewandowski. Hopefully that is another suitor crossed off the list.

Also, Newcastle were looking to sign Aubayemeng or Bent.... their choices have also been limited now!

Not all together true that.

There were instances last season where he was roughed up a little and disappeared.

Like Stoke and QPR.... which incidentally he scored late in both, one crucial, one nerve-settling.

So really he can have a poor game, but he'll still likely damage any team.

uhm guys i called my friends in genk and asked if they knew more about benteke they didn't know more as we know but they claim racing genk has a idk how to say it in english but we call it a doorverkooppercentage. its a clausule in the contract wich become active if benteke has been sold its include that genk gets some money if avfc sel benteke. im sorry i dont know the english word for doorverkooppercentage.

is there anyone who can confirm/denie that?

Edited by Belgian guy

uhm guys i called my friends in genk and asked if they knew more about benteke they didn't know more as we know but they claim racing genk has a idk how to say it in english but we call it a doorverkooppercentage. its a clausule in the contract wich become active if benteke has been sold its include that genk gets some money if avfc sel benteke. im sorry i dont know the english word for doorverkooppercentage.

is there anyone who can confirm/denie that?

Percentage of next sale/Sell on fee

When or hopefully we don't sell him Genk receive a percentage of the transfer fee

I wouldn't be surprised however these clauses can be bought out of contracts i think

Edited by AshVilla

I think it will be harder for Benteke next season in the sense that he's not a surprise package anymore and he will be given special attention by opposition defenders - either 2 men on him all the time or constantly fouled , manhandled etc etc. , this could of course open up more space and chances for the likes of Gabby and Weimann.

Don't see it. You could've apply that to the likes of Henry and RVN but they scored 20 + season in season out.

Benteke is not at that level just yet but he'll continue to score prolifically next season as potentially he could get to that level one day.

Benteke wasn't a surprise package after December last season

Â