Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

5 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I'll reserve judgment with him and westwood untill we play a desent team. 

Villa doing Parkour now?

(The US equivalent is Ptossing - silent 'p'  - Terry Pratchett describing last season?)

I've never had an issue with his ability, personally. Today he stood up, made that count and deserved to take his applause at the end, which he did so with a kind of childlike sheepishness that made me question whether I've been wrong about him all along. 

I'm not quite there yet but as a right back especially he could still have a future here. Good luck to him. 

• Like 1

He'd do o.k as RB in this league I think...plenty of recovery pace so won't be beaten much as players aren't as quick or clever in prem and lack of technique not so much an issue.

He had some good games in the prem as an RB it's easy to forget.

Very limited footballer and never a Premier League player but I'm happy he did well today, like someone said - get De Laet in and we'll be ok at RB this season.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He'd do o.k as RB in this league I think...plenty of recovery pace so won't be beaten much as players aren't as quick or clever in prem and lack of technique not so much an issue.

He had some good games in the prem as an RB it's easy to forget.

He had a really good season. Scored 6 goals, was industrious and held his own physically. Lacks a bit in the football brains department and is prone to mad moments, but he's really not a bad player. If not Champions League... :trollface:

I do wish he hadn't surrendered as he did last season because I'd really like to be fully behind him, as I do rate him. 

Yeah in his debut season he was pretty hardworking and seemed grateful for the opportunity to play for a club like us.

IMO the big contract and all the excesses of the premier league got to him...the bling culture if you like...you could see it in the pre match videos last season and him walking in with a very casual attitude...that and losing not really hurting him that much,

Hopefully the last few months and all the criticism have humbled him a bit. I thought he played well last week, he can certainly be a good player in the championship.

• Like 3

Definitely had a decent game and it was good the reaction from the crowd wasn't negative. Not sure of whether RB is his best position but a good option there. If a team is going to sit back and allow him to come forward. Could be a good option to in essence have a 2nd winger on the right. 

Of the so called "bomb squad" definitely the one with the most potential with redemption. 

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The next game is 72 hours away and he then does that....

See that's what playing for years in the premier league does...he wouldn't have done that when joining as he was a completely nobody.

Disappointing. 

Why is it disappointing? 

4 minutes ago, limvillian said:

Why is it disappointing? 

Is it too much to ask for him to be in bed at that time if the timing was correct?

Our next game is on Tuesday not next Saturday so rest and recovery will be paramount in this league.

We only beat Rotherham not Real Madrid.

Easy comparison to make but you wouldn't see a proper professional like Elphick getting out to nonsense like that.

It's like N'Zogbia going out the night of the cup final, no perspective. I've praised Bacuna for his start to the season but it's these little things that turn you off about him again.

• Like 1