Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Id like to see him in a 5-3-2 (the 5 being 3 cb's and two wing backs) no idea who the LWB would be but think bacuna is the man for RWB ..... Ok defensively, good going forward, good delivery and good set piece

Potentially

Guzan

Okore Vlarr Clark Lescott

Bacuna Luna/tea lady Berrtand

Fixed for you, as long as the signings work out.

Lots of defenders there.... Would swap Clark for lescott too if that's what you mean....

I can't articulate a reason but I still prefer Clark to baker and I cannot give a plausible reason why

I can't articulate a reason but I still prefer Clark to baker and I cannot give a plausible reason why

Defensively neither is much better than the other but Clark is better going forward. He probably lost his place to Baker because Lambert was worried he'd do another Cryuff turn, or something.

Bacuna showed enough ability at right back that we should continue to try him there. I expect him to improve even more next year now he is used to the league. Should not be a "second season syndrome" because despite his young age he was an experienced player before he came to us.

• 2 months later...

What's Lambert going to do with Leandro? It looks like Hutton is pencilled in at RB. Where does Leo fit, right side of midfield in 4-4-2?

Looks like bench to me.

Makes more sense if we're going to use wingers than having KEA there 

I really like Bacuna and was hoping he would be playing this season, hopefully in a midfield role. Could play as a winger and would definitely offer support to Hutton/Lowton. His biggest attribute is his curse for me. Great utility player, but it means that noone knows where best to play him and he ends up on the bench

Did anyone see the goal mouth scramble at the end of the game tonight? Was it a Bacuna header cleared off the line? I couldn't see because i had a massive **** post in the way..

Senderos flicked it on and Bacuna headed it into a combination of the keeper and post, from my angle it looked harder to miss than score but it was a good reaction save to be fair

• Like 1

What's Lambert going to do with Leandro? It looks like Hutton is pencilled in at RB. Where does Leo fit, right side of midfield in 4-4-2?

Looks like bench to me.

Anywhere out wide, he has terrible awareness and touch to play in the middle.

• Like 1

Looks like bench to me.

I'd like to see him with a 4-2-3-1 with a big guy up front and N'Zogbia in the middle of the AM 3, Grealish to the left and Bacuna on the right. They could all interchange and all have different attributes so would be interesting having them there

I think we'll see him a fair bit this season.

As noted he can play a number of positions and with no Sylla/Bowery/Albrighton there is probably a bit more room for shuffling him in somewhere (even if he's behind Hutton/Lowton @ RB).

Would he be able to fill a kind of simple Reo-Coker type role for us, he's got the energy/strength or would he be wasted there?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd bump this thread as he is getting talked about a lot  in the Westwood thread.  

He just turned 23 and for a new player to the league he had a strange season last year,  he had some great moments and then some horrible moments.  I really hope he learns from his mistakes and improves his decision making as he has great attributes and I believe he can become a solid RB or winger. 

• Like 1

His free kick taking is brilliant, he's quick and strong, and he comes across to me as a very intelligent footballer, who was just either unsure of the league, the position he was playing, or both.

I think he has everything he needs to be a 1st team player but at the moment we have some very good competition for places in the advanced positions he's good in, and at RB, so it'll be hard for him to get back in the side