Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Bacuna needs 6 touches and 30 yards of space to get a simple ball under control, no way could you play this guy in midfield.

He can score a goal I agree.

Rubbish. He has shone in the midfield role behind the strikers. That chipped pass to Holt to start a counter attack against Fulham was awesome. This kid will only get better and better.

That game where we got completely outplayed by a side bottom of the league on our own pitch. A side who dominated us with a 78 year old Diarra who had played about 3 games in 2 years.

Yeah he really shone!

He could have scored a couple in the Fulham game. Bacuna was thrown into that position because of injuries to key players, cut the guy some slack. He did well considering the circumstances. Leandro also played in that position against WBA and contributed heavily to our victory, I guess you are going to ignore that too. Pathetic. 

He didn't score though.

"He did well considering the circumstances" Why accept such mediocrity, why make excuses?

He done well against WBA but they were pitiful, his goal came from another horrendous touch.

There is a reason Lambert has found a position for him as far away from the middle of the pitch where he gets harried and squanders possesion.

Bacuna needs 6 touches and 30 yards of space to get a simple ball under control, no way could you play this guy in midfield.

He can score a goal I agree.

Rubbish. He has shone in the midfield role behind the strikers. That chipped pass to Holt to start a counter attack against Fulham was awesome. This kid will only get better and better with a decent manager and not Lambert.

Fixed for you!

He didn't score though.

You are right he did not score in that particular game. However,  LB created a few opportunities for himself and was unlucky not to score against Fulham. But you know full well that Leandro has scored important goals in the past and is capable of doing so in the future.

"He did well considering the circumstances" Why accept such mediocrity, why make excuses?

Why focus on negatives? Why not be reasonable? I could also ask you those questions. I do not accept mediocrity, I accept reality. It is best to give Leandro more time to develop before writing him off.

He done well against WBA but they were pitiful, his goal came from another horrendous touch.

It actually came from a good timed run into the box, which is a trait Leandro has demonstrated throughout his career to date. 

There is a reason Lambert has found a position for him as far away from the middle of the pitch.

The main reason Bacuna has kept his place at RB is down to performances. He has handled some of the best players the Premiership has to offer.

Bacuna has been one of the least bad of Lambert's purchases, and has chipped in with some important goals.  He's not a great right back though, and the only reason he's in the team there is because of how poor Lowton has been.  As a right back, he's part of the defence, and that defence has been awful.  If Bacuna is OK, and Vlaar is supposedly class, and Bertrand is good, why do we keep getting battered?  Not everything can be Baker's fault (although a lot is, I admit...)

• Like 1

Bacuna has been one of the least bad of Lambert's purchases, and has chipped in with some important goals.  He's not a great right back though, and the only reason he's in the team there is because of how poor Lowton has been.  As a right back, he's part of the defence, and that defence has been awful.  If Bacuna is OK, and Vlaar is supposedly class, and Bertrand is good, why do we keep getting battered?  Not everything can be Baker's fault (although a lot is, I admit...)

Someone needs to score?

Bacuna has been one of the least bad of Lambert's purchases, and has chipped in with some important goals. He's not a great right back though, and the only reason he's in the team there is because of how poor Lowton has been. As a right back, he's part of the defence, and that defence has been awful. If Bacuna is OK, and Vlaar is supposedly class, and Bertrand is good, why do we keep getting battered? Not everything can be Baker's fault (although a lot is, I admit...)

Someone needs to score?
Yeah and that is a huge problem, we're playing a midfielder at right back and even in that position he is our second highest goal scorer.

The guys further up the pitch need to do better, at the moment all of the pressure is on the defence.

Edited by samjp26

Bacuna has been one of the least bad of Lambert's purchases, and has chipped in with some important goals. He's not a great right back though, and the only reason he's in the team there is because of how poor Lowton has been. As a right back, he's part of the defence, and that defence has been awful. If Bacuna is OK, and Vlaar is supposedly class, and Bertrand is good, why do we keep getting battered? Not everything can be Baker's fault (although a lot is, I admit...)

Someone needs to score?
Yeah and that is a huge problem, we're playing a midfielder at right back and even in that position he is our second highest goal scorer.

The guys further up the pitch need to do better, at the moment all of the pressure is on the defence.

And very little pressure on the opposition defence. If you have both Delph and Bacuna in the midfield area, willing to run at people, it causes problems for the opposition. Right now teams just close Delph down and there is nobody else who will run at the opposition. Gabby doesn't anymore.

I've lost count the amount of times Villa's defence has given the ball away!  They just hoof it up field and it come's right back again, time after time after time!  Also why does everybody have to defend corners?  When its cleared it just come's back, time after time after time..... I now wear glasses and even i can see that, so why doesn't whoever is "coaching" these "players", say to them "hang on a minute, don't hoof it out of defence pass it to someone else or keep it, or even give it back to Guzan.  Mind you he has to stop hoofing it as well!  They play like their bloody farm boys with all this hoofing!!!  And leave some players in the oppositions half at corners so when the ball is cleared one of our Wurzels has a chance of getting it!!!!  After all he who has the ball control's the game do they not?

Bacuna has been one of the least bad of Lambert's purchases

That's the equivalent of being voted sexiest guy in the burns unit

• Like 1

Good player to come on to see out a game - lots of energy and hassle. He really needs to get his head down and carve out some expertise in one position though because at the moment he doesn't quite have the right skillset for any position.

• Like 1

Good player to come on to see out a game - lots of energy and hassle. He really needs to get his head down and carve out some expertise in one position though because at the moment he doesn't quite have the right skillset for any position.

This is what I basically feel about him. At the moment he's not good enough in one position to command a starting place, very much a jack of all trades master of none. 

He's certainly a very good athlete who is very good at freekicks and a good finisher but he certainly has a long way to go. His positional sense, first touch and distribution needs to improve considerably. 

That said, for the money paid I'd say he's been a pretty decent signing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't missed. Few goals have masked a pretty terrible player.

Second highest tackle success in the prem league, beating both baines and Gerrard. Hand your notice in rodders your scouting days are over.

Edited by villan_007
  • Like 4

Not even close to making it to the cup huh? They already are missing van der wiel,janmaat and verhaegh. Surely Bacuna deserves a shout? I bet the one that will take his place will not be much better and in fact has not scored more goals. Also, bacuna has played a season in PL, something that doesn't really need to be argued about being a much higher level than eredivisie.

No, I don't think he is good enough for netherlands national team but right now I don't see why he couldn't be there

Not even close to making it to the cup huh? They already are missing van der wiel,janmaat and verhaegh. Surely Bacuna deserves a shout? I bet the one that will take his place will not be much better and in fact has not scored more goals. Also, bacuna has played a season in PL, something that doesn't really need to be argued about being a much higher level than eredivisie.

No, I don't think he is good enough for netherlands national team but right now I don't see why he couldn't be there

I am going to guess that he won't get called up because he is a poor footballer playing in an awful team, he doesn't have a position nailed down, his touch, passing and ability in the centre of midfield are atrocious, his defensive capabilities, his awareness and his intelligence playing at right back are laughable. I wouldn't trust him in any system.

There are dozens of Bacuna's playing in the Eredivisie. Ten a penny athletic footballers with no football brain.

He is awful and a few goals doesn't not change that.