Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I think you might be jinxing it when you post it. So he won't score a thunderbolt tomorrow. What you need to do is predict it for another game, but not post it, and then let us know after the game if you predicted it... And we'll either congratule you, or tell you we're doomed.

I think you might be jinxing it when you post it. So he won't score a thunderbolt tomorrow. What you need to do is predict it for another game, but not post it, and then let us know after the game if you predicted it... And we'll either congratule you, or tell you we're doomed.

If we believe you now Rob, will that unjinx it?

I think the only way to unjinx a jinx is to sacrifice a goat on the highest peak of the highest mountain, in a dress, on a Sunday. <br />

<br />

So we're too late

Watching Bacuna this season IMO it is clear he won't be good enough defensively to be our right back.

His strengths appear to be in attack so he should be played on the wing or in midfield.

Agree. He's a great squad player, but he's not good enough to be a starting right back. We need a new one in the summer. 

Not good enough to be starting RB?

When Lallana broke the back line yday, it was Bacunas pace that got him back and nullified the situation.Could be a very good RB.Has power, pace, strength, everything you need as a good RB.If he was playing last week, then Bolaisie wouldn't have got past him as easily as he did Lowton.

Watching him yday, don't think he was fully fit.

• Like 1

Bacuna might be fast and strong, but he lacks the most fundamental ability as a defender; namely knowing how to be a defender. He is just as much a defender as Benteke is. Completely hopeless in terms of positioning himself and knowing when to charge and when to not. If we are taken over and get some cash he will never play for this club again. Might do well for a Championship-side but that's about it

Bacuna might be fast and strong, but he lacks the most fundamental ability as a defender; namely knowing how to be a defender. He is just as much a defender as Benteke is. Completely hopeless in terms of positioning himself and knowing when to charge and when to not. If we are taken over and get some cash he will never play for this club again. Might do well for a Championship-side but that's about it

I think that's harsh in regards of not playing for us as in mind he's a good versatile squad player given he can play a number of positions so is certainly worth keeping but totally agree regarding your analysis of him at RB. His pace can get him out of danger but he's had some shockers this season in terms of positioning and just giving the ball away. Fulham, West Brom, Man, United and Stoke being four off the top of my head.

• Like 1

If fast and strong were all you needed, Jamaica would win the world cup. He's not PL standard and talk of him ever playing in midfield regularly in the PL is laughable IMO.

Many British manager's obsession with skill-less pace is why our national side is so poor. We play 'smaller' countries with populations of 5 million and wonder why we get humiliated when they can all hold onto the ball even though none of their players can run a sub ten second 100m.

We'll get humiliated in Brazil again as Pirlo destroys us and then the same old jargon will come out for a couple of weeks - 'we need better coaching, tactiical awareness, more comfortable footballers, blah, blah, blah,,,' Then it will be back to normal with people praising someone like Bacuna for his 'recovery speed'.

Ho hum.

Developing as you would expect a Dutch league player too. I would play him in a cm 3 delph kea bacuna. We need more presence in midfield

There is absolutely no real passing ability in that midfield.

• Like 1

Developing as you would expect a Dutch league player too. I would play him in a cm 3 delph kea bacuna. We need more presence in midfield

There is absolutely no real passing ability in that midfield.

I disagree. I wouldn't say westwoods passing ability is way better than anyone else's, I don't remember him switching the play quickly or hitting a long diagonal to find a runner. I think kea could do Westwood role and bacuna and delph to be the engine and driving force. Westwood is tidy player but I feel he is extra player on pitch doin a job someone else can do just aswell.

My team til end of season

Guzan

Lowton vlaar baker Bertrand

Bacuna kea delph

Albrighton holt Weiman

Edited by dakid007