Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Nearly scored twice, one of the shots was saved onto the bar. Nevermind though, lets just slag him off

And had he squared the ball to Weimann instead, he would have had a tap-in.

Nearly scored twice, one of the shots was saved onto the bar. Nevermind though, lets just slag him off

And if Richardson hadn't hit the ball sweetly he would have missed.....

• Like 2

He's a decent player and he does have some potential, if he really cost £750k then no one can argue about this signing. 

Weimann would have probably fluffed it like all the good chances he has had this season. Bacuna would have scored if it wasn't for their keeper, so you can't moan about his decision making on that one...

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Giving how acute the angle was, I think you can. Everybody knows that I am supportive of Bacuna but a couple of efforts on goal doesn't make it a good performance in my eyes.

Yes but the angle from which it was hit meant that it was always unlikely to beat the keeper no matter how well it was struck. Had it been Tonev who had done the same, the reaction would be somewhat different I think.

Edited by Isa

To me he's an industrious midfielder...not great technically but then again not every premier league player is great technically, heck England internationals aren't great technically.

The role I see for Bacuna is in a 4-4-2/4-5-1 he is the industrious right sided midfield getting up and down the line, helping out his fullback and getting forward into the box as he is proven at chipping in with goals and getting into forward positions.

He was out of his depth in a middle two today against one of the worst teams in the league so you bin that position straight away and even though he's had good games at RB he's also had complete shockers there so I can't see him being a regular player in that position.

In fairness when I said play him in midfield I didn't mean in a midfield two. He did nearly score again today so still more threatening than Weimann.

He wasn't in a two, he was alongside Westwood and Bertrand. The thing for me was that neither of the midfielders knew their role or position. Westwood was very deep often behind the cb's and Bertrand and bacuna were close to each to either wide or forward. The centre of park was empty of villa players. Bacuna wasn't the worst on the pitch but if playing in te middle he needs to impose himself on the opposition more

In fairness when I said play him in midfield I didn't mean in a midfield two. He did nearly score again today so still more threatening than Weimann.

He wasn't in a two, he was alongside Westwood and Bertrand. The thing for me was that neither of the midfielders knew their role or position. Westwood was very deep often behind the cb's and Bertrand and bacuna were close to each to either wide or forward. The centre of park was empty of villa players. Bacuna wasn't the worst on the pitch but if playing in te middle he needs to impose himself on the opposition more

Great point, absolutely awful tactics.

He is a very good player but his biggest problem at the mo is he lacks concentration. He will improve.

Good points

Strong

Fast

Shooting

Free kicks

Taking players on

Bad points

Positioning

Picking passes quickly

Concentration

All his bad points can be improved with coaching and experience

He really annoyed me the two times he got to the byline and had a shot? Why? He's never going to score from that angle. I'd rather he just drilled it across the face of goal and hope one of their defenders gets a touch.  Or even better, get his head up and try find a man.