Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

That's my take on it too LondonLax. Ideally he wants to be a central midfielder. I was under the impression we had bought him as a centre mid and maybe we did. But he'll probably willingly play anywhere just to be involved in the first team of a Premier League club.

At least for now.

I fully agree with those hoping to see Bacuna in the midfield, it would be most interesting to see what he can do there.

I don't think Bacuna is a natural at RB but he's better defensively than Lowton. He will have another test this weekend as he'll be up against Brady.

Good news (for us): Brady's out for a month.

That's my take on it too LondonLax. Ideally he wants to be a central midfielder. I was under the impression we had bought him as a centre mid and maybe we did. But he'll probably willingly play anywhere just to be involved in the first team of a Premier League club.

At least for now.

I fully agree with those hoping to see Bacuna in the midfield, it would be most interesting to see what he can do there.

Was awful against liverpool there, definitely had his best moments at rb.

I don't want to rain on his parade, but this guy is the luckiest footballer i have seen. He did two good things the set up and he goal, but his overall play was very poor, and lowton is a much better right back and right wing back.. Don't get me wrong, he scored and he set one up, but he made so many positional mistakes i don't see how anyone can say he's a decent right back.

Someone gets it.

I don't know how many live games or full matches people have seen on here but I'm finding this love fest a little odd. He took a great free kick I'll grant you and that has bought him a fair bit of time, but that first half was a nightmare. I don't know how he remained on the pitch after half time.

Man City targeted him and they tore him a new one. Not only that but he proved incapable of playing football to get out of trouble.

If he can score like that every game then he can keep his place but i seriously doubt it.

I hope he proves me wrong and I await the abuse.

Man City tore him a new one? I forget how many times Milner ripped past him with ease then slotted it across to Negredo and Dzeko in the game.

Oh wait.

• Like 1

with reading some of the latest posts, it comes cross as hes the new (and better) herd? herd is good and been ok as a central midfielder but hes better at RB, a goof squad utility player, is bacuna suited to this role also?

From what I've seen yes.

Bacuna was pretty poor against Liverpool but looked a bit better when he was moved to RB later in the game and with his pace and physical attributes he could make it in that position.

Such a shame Okore got injured really otherwise our defence would be fine for pace.

I think it's unfair to write Bacuna off as a midfielder based on just the Liverpool game. Hope he gets another chance there to be honest as I think Matty is definitely one of our best XI players.

I think it's unfair to write Bacuna off as a midfielder based on just the Liverpool game. Hope he gets another chance there to be honest as I think Matty is definitely one of our best XI players.

This. Would love to see Bacuna in the box-to-box midfielder role (apparently his preferred role) and Lowton as RB.