Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I haven't watched him fully in a game yet but watched the highlights of all the preseason games on avtv, and it seems he's had a hand in quite a few of the goals scored so far. i've been pleasantly surprised... so far. Think the poorer babel comment is a little harsh imo. each to their own tho. played a good number of games for his old club and probably wasn't expecting a team like us to come calling. with better players around him and an exciting new challenge he may just raise his game. i predict he'll be reliable, industrious with a will to get forward. may not always have the ability to do the things he wants. Hopefully respond to some good coaching.

point is i think i see more positives than negatives with bacuna right now. great for squad strength either way i hope.  

Yep I think that's a fair comment.

There are positives there in Bacuna. Some very rusty bits too but Benteke had plenty of that when he joined.

He's only young so it will all depend on how he develops as a player and adapts to our game.

I am sure he'll play a part.

Really not impressed from what I've seen so far in pre-season. Look a poorer Ryan Babel.

I'm not even sure how a winger would go about being poorer than Ryan Babel.  Notoriously incapable of carrying out the most basic of tactical instructions.  The proverbial headless chicken footballer sent onto the pitch while hoping his lack of direction doesn't do too much damage to the team's shape.  And isn't Bacuna playing more centrally anyway?  The only way you could have a poor Ryan Babel would be to get hold of the real Ryan Babel and remove his brain.

Long story short.  The URLs of the new forum reflect the thread name so if we change it we wreck months of google searches.  Which is why most/all newer player threads were given a more 'future proofed' title in the first place.

I think he's going to be a useful squad player and cover for Lowton.

At this point I don't see him getting in ahead of Delph, Sylla or Westwood. And in other games I think we might see one of those dropped for a new number 10 or Helenius.

I think he'll play his part but can't see him being a regular starter next year.

• 3 weeks later...

Despite Sylla's Injury - I still wouldn't expect Bacuna to start v Arsenal. I think he needs more time to adapt to the english game - and may end up being a utility \ squad player in any case.

Sylla is a big loss for us - I really don't see how people can say otherwise. - KEA has looked better pre season - so lets hope he has made the transition after a difficult first season.

Despite Sylla's Injury - I still wouldn't expect Bacuna to start v Arsenal. I think he needs more time to adapt to the english game - and may end up being a utility \ squad player in any case.

Sylla is a big loss for us - I really don't see how people can say otherwise. - KEA has looked better pre season - so lets hope he has made the transition after a difficult first season.

I was reading a piece by James Nursery where he said after talking to Lambert and the Coaching staff that they think KEA is now ready to be the player they brought. Apparently, as we could all see he struggled to adjust to the pace of the Prem League last season.

Also think Bacuna will surprise a few - don't think he has come here to sit on the bench.

Edited by villan_007

I was reading a piece by James Nursery where he said after talking to Lambert and the Coaching staff that they think KEA is now ready to be the player they brought. Apparently, as we could all see he struggled to adjust to the pace of the Prem League last season.

Also think Bacuna will surprise a few - don't think he has come here to sit on the bench.

I think KEA is the player we bought. A poor player who was plying his trade in a mediocre league. I give KEA two games at most then we will not see him again.

Still undecided on him. Can't put my finger on it. Not sure he has the quality on the ball

I think it's good that you're undecided considering he has never ever played a competitive game for the club. 

Leave your judgement until he gets a few Premier league fixtures under his belt.