Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I think you're right Andy he probably could do that job.

However I would definitely want a proven quality AM signing someone like Belhanda/Kiyotake - they just have that extra bit of flair and quality about them that a 5-10m signing has.

Not just because of their price tag though. Huddlestone is going for £5m and he has the flair of Heskey on the right wing.
Huddlestone is a decent player if (and it's a big if) he stays fit.. Edited by mikeyp102

I think you're right Andy he probably could do that job.

However I would definitely want a proven quality AM signing someone like Belhanda/Kiyotake - they just have that extra bit of flair and quality about them that a 5-10m signing has. 

Not just because of their price tag though. Huddlestone is going for £5m and he has the flair of Heskey on the right wing.

God no. I mean they'd have to be good, but from what we've seen (youtube vids albeit) the players I mentioned look much better than Huddlestone :P

I think Huddlestone is a good player, not necessarily one that I would pay £5mill and big wages to, but I can't quite understand the vitriol many people here have towards him.

I know I feel this and other people might do as well. I want Villa to be past the point where we sign players that other teams no longer want (Spurs especially) and instead pack out our team with players other teams covet want. Huddlestone is the kind of player that match of the day tells me is amazing although I have never seen it myself.

Anyway, this is the Bacuna thread so I should add that he is the signing I am most excited about. I think he could be a big player for us but his first job is to break into our midfield 3.

Probably at the expense of Delph who plays a similar position. We'll see how it all pans out

Looking forward to the Wycombe game and the start of the season in a month. Havent felt this positive about a season in ages

UTV!

I am looking forward to watching bacuna and tonev and seeing if they can provide a bit of attacking impetus in the midfield area where goals are lacking - today's game will be interesting for many reasons.

Assisted the Lowton goal with a cross yesterday and had another assist with a cross for one of Helenius' goals. Apart from that I havn't seen the matches so don't know how he's been doing in general play unfortunately 

I really think if he gets decent playing time, Bacuna could very well get double digit assists. When he signed the only thing that stood out for me watching his highlights was that when he got in wide positions, he was an excellent crosser of the ball. So far, from the little I have seen of him in a Villa shirt, that has also been his standout characteristic, putting crosses in right on to the heads of one of our players. He could be very very dangerous with Benteke, and that is something I really look forward to seeing. 

Who would he play instead of? Same goes for Tonev really. Ideally, you'd think they'd play left and right respectively, but that'd mean dropping Gabby and Andi. Good problem to have, for sure, but I still don't fully understand some of the summer business

I think he'll be played more centrally behind the striker, maybe instead of having Sylla/Delph in a midfield of 3 with Westwood Lambert may opt for a a 4-2-3-1 with Sylla/Delph partnering Westwood and Bacuna/Carruthers in the 3 with Weimann and Agbonlahor. I think that's where he's been playing in the pre season games and I think thats the formation Lambert has been using? If i'm wrong correct me but I feel him or Carruthers may be used in the position. Maybe not every game though unless they play exceptionally well.

Edited by Pembers

I will be pleasantly surprised if he amounts to more than Holman. That's purely down to the reports from his previous club which suggest he's our weakest summer signing but of course I need to watch him live a few times.

Certainly don't expect him to go straight into the first 11 nor be our attacking midfield saviour.

Who would he play instead of? Same goes for Tonev really. Ideally, you'd think they'd play left and right respectively, but that'd mean dropping Gabby and Andi. Good problem to have, for sure, but I still don't fully understand some of the summer business

Squad!

Weimann played his heart out last season but the last 10 games you could see he was fatigued so would've been good to have a similar type to come in. In any case I think Weimann will want to play through the middle a bit more this season.

Gabby picks up a few injuies during the season now and in any case will always have a poor run of form at some stage,it's happened every season in his villa career.

What's nice is we seem to have genuine competition for places all over the squad (RB is still a little light beyond Lowton).

Bacuna will definately prove useful due to his versatility - from what I've seen of him from AVTV footage he looks alright.

I think he's done pretty good, judging from the live text. I think he has 2 assists as well.

Not sure if that's better or worse than judging a player by his Football Manager stats.  

I think he's done pretty good, judging from the live text. I think he has 2 assists as well.

Not sure if that's better or worse than judging a player by his Football Manager stats.  

or HEAT MAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;) ;) ;)

Yeah, I do feel we need that sort of player. It really can be vital part of the season on how we do our build up play. Such a shame that belhanda didn`t work out, hope we still are after that type of player....