Jores Okore

Jesperchr

I can certainly sympathise with those who are questioning this potential signing.

Recruiting young and hungry players has served us well, but we have also been lacking in experience, particularly in defense. I'm not convinced that bringing in a 20 year old centre back from abroad will be the answer to our defensive frailties. I just think we're screaming out for an old head in defense, and this won't be it.

I do hope to be proved wrong though.

I can certainly sympathise with those who are questioning this potential signing.

Recruiting young and hungry players has served us well, but we have also been lacking in experience, particularly in defense. I'm not convinced that bringing in a 20 year old centre back from abroad will be the answer to our defensive frailties. I just think we're screaming out for an old head in defense, and this won't be it.

This is about where I am as well.

I really hope he comes in and hits the ground running but it is a massive ask for a 20 year old CB to step up and fix our defence. Even Baker is older and more experienced than him and CB is a position where experience really counts for something.

I really hope he comes in and hits the ground running but it is a massive ask for a 20 year old CB to step up and fix our defence. Even Baker is older and more experienced than him and CB is a position where experience really counts for something.

Me too, can't believe we've just had that bid accepted and he's already in JulieB's basement. Half way there already !

I'm not sure one defender coming in is going to fix all our issues. I do think this guy would certainly help and has the potential to turn into a very good defender.

IMO we'll need to replace Vlaar and Bennet and work more on the midfield tracking runners before we have a real solid defence.

But we won't replace Vlaar and we'll possibly not replace bennet so we need to do what we can. This guy really looks like a signing we should make.

I am a firm believer that you should have experience across the back 4.I think Lowton made his fair share of mistakes last season,just as Walker did on his loan spell here.Both seemed to get away with it because of their excellent play going forward.Lowton will hopefully be even better next season given his 12 months experience last year.I am no fan of Baker,Vlaar or Clarke in the centre of defence andwould welcome 2 new central defenders.

A 20 year old central defender would inevitably cost us goals at some point but based on the Chelsea video alone,I would be delighted if we signed him.

Edited by Butterfingers

I really hope he comes in and hits the ground running but it is a massive ask for a 20 year old CB to step up and fix our defence. Even Baker is older and more experienced than him and CB is a position where experience really counts for something.

Baker might be older, but he isn't more experienced. Okore has played more first team football (although at a lower level), has CL experience and is starting to get some games at international level. 

Baker might be older, but he isn't more experienced. Okore has played more first team football (although at a lower level), has CL experience and is starting to get some games at international level.
I think Baker has more big game experience. Okore played Juve, Chelsea and Shaktar, assuming he played all their games. Baker I think has played all of these; Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs...

Okore and Baker have almost identical number of first team appearances. Okore is also a full international and has had two seasons playing in European competition too. But yes, he is younger than Baker.

Edit: I see Packoman already mentioned this by the time I posted.

Edited by Wes

WATCH THIS!!! he looks unreal! 

Judging by that video If we could get this guy in for less than £5M that could prove to be the steal of the century. My first impression is that it is like the Benteke signing only this time at Centre Back.

Yes please to this signing.................Now!

• Like 1

Â