Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Liverpool are supposed to be going for that Greek nut-bucket for £15m from Schalke, and have signed Kolo Toure on a free. They already have Agger, Kelly, Wisdom, Coates and Skytl if he stays. Hopefully they'll stay away.

Apparently deal is very close. 

Excellent, but wierd how the Danish Stock Exchange doesn't seem to care about this deal as much as the Helenius one.

Okore's club is not registered on stock exchange. 

To clear up - Okore's team FC Nordsjaelland is not on stock exchange, so they don't have to declare transfer like Helenius' club did. #avfc

Edited by KjParton
  • Like 1

I love the way people keep stating he has CL experience, as if its such a massive thing. He played shakhtar, Chelsea and someone else, twice.

Our current defenders have player Arsenal, spurs, Utd, Chelsea and man city all twice and that's not including the cup.

I'm all for signing this guy, but his CL experience hardly sets him apart from our current crop of defenders who have played far stronger teams on a weekly basis.

I love the way people keep stating he has CL experience, as if its such a massive thing. He played shakhtar, Chelsea and someone else, twice.

Our current defenders have player Arsenal, spurs, Utd, Chelsea and man city all twice and that's not including the cup.

I'm all for signing this guy, but his CL experience hardly sets him apart from our current crop of defenders who have played far stronger teams on a weekly basis.

and lost to all of them, apart from drawing to Arsenal. Conceding overall: 5 goals against United, 10 goals against Chelsea. 6 Goals against Spurs. 6 goals against City and 2 against Arsenal. 

Edited by KjParton

True, but the point is probably more that he "did well when called upon in the CL" than that he "has CL experience".

True, but the point is probably more that he "did well when called upon in the CL" than that he "has CL experience".

Fair point, but he has the same amount of international caps as Clark does for a better national team and is 3 year younger. Baker has only played a couple of gamesfor the u21s too.

He's still better than what we have at the moment and that's the main thing IMO

and lost to all of them, apart from drawing to Arsenal. Conceding overall: 5 goals against United, 10 goals against Chelsea. 6 Goals against Spurs. 6 goals against City and 2 against Arsenal.
hmm, but I don't think fc nordfiwotsits GA record was too good v Juve and Chelsea or Shakhtar for that matter.

You've completely missed the point.

The fact that he has done well playing against teams of greater quality, one of them being one of the best in the premier league is a indication that he should be more then able to cope with the standar of the premiership.

Genuinely think this guy is a CB version of Benteke. Tonev 2.5 + Helenius 1 + Okore 5? = 8.5m + Cresswell (maybe 4.5) will be £13m, i think after that we would have another £10m atleast (providing a few players leave) and i hope that will be spend on a player to link midfield and the strikers!

Â