Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Maybe we have a manager that's too over cautious when it comes to giving players a chance? Okore Grealish Sanchez all need game time to get up to speed. Clark and Baker have failed time and again at least give Okore a chance to fail!!

Maybe we have a manager that's too over cautious when it comes to giving players a chance? Okore Grealish Sanchez all need game time to get up to speed. Clark and Baker have failed time and again at least give Okore a chance to fail!!

Agreed

Just play him. I don’t care anymore about “up to speed” or how he looks in training. I feel the same way about Grealish, there are young raw players positively influencing games up and down the country. PLAY THEM!!

I’m in Ireland so don’t get to see Villa in the flesh but I saw this lad in last year’s pre-season against Shamrock Rovers and to say he’s an intimidating physical presence is an understatement. I’d love to know what his best vertical leap is because the guy was clearing 3ft off the ground getting up for headers as well. Also I believe he recorded the 3rd fastest speed of any player last season in the few games he played. I think some company track every player in every game, don’t know how reliable it is though.

Perhaps he's just not very good?

what do you base this on?

Presumably on the fact that he's not even making the bench.

Due to the fact that he's just coming back from long term injury, i thought he looked good in his brief appearances last season, didn't you? He was on the bench yesterday

Perhaps he's just not very good?

what do you base this on?
Presumably on the fact that he's not even making the bench.

Due to the fact that he's just coming back from long term injury, i thought he looked good in his brief appearances last season, didn't you? He was on the bench yesterday

Yeah I did.

And fair enough he was on the bench yesterday.

I do agree that it seems a bit strange, especially as he's been playing for Denmark.

But, like RIsso implied, if he's training every day, and the manager and coaching staff are seeing him every day, but Clark and Baker are still getting picked ahead of him. Then maybe he just isn't that good?

It could also be that he's not that good since his injury. An injury like that can have a big effect on some players.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone heard Lambert's pre- QPR press conference he was asked about Okore and basically stated how he isn't cutting the mustard right now.

Yes but Clark and baker are? Completely stupid to say when you have players equally haven't cut the mustard and play time and time again

Â