Jores Okore

Jesperchr

My Old Man Said ‏@oldmansaid 20m

Get your Danish flags ready. Tomorrow is Okore day. #avfc #LambertTakingCareOfBusiness

Don't know how truthful they are........

Unless I have been fooled he has got quite a few things right. The only thing he's said that hasn't happened yet is the signing of Jed Steer.

Indeed. He seems rather well informed.

Or very good at this guessing game.

When somebody mentions experienced players others automatically presume they are talking premier league experience. When I say experience I just mean experience in playing the game!

Now I'm delighted with the signings so far as very refreshing to buy young up coming talent but I do think a couple of wiser heads such as Vlaar might be ideal for when things get tough.

It's no coincidence Vlaar was missing during our worst run in history!

• Like 1

Just a little info on Okore for you guys as well. I have not read the entire thread, so sorry for any double info.

Despite Okore will only turn 21 years this summer, he has already played 7 games for the national team. I would argue he was given the first couple of games a bit too early, but no doubt the guy has talent. I expect him to pair with Daniel Agger on the national team in ½-1 year. He has a very good speed and is extremely strong. In the danish league i would say that he have no weaknesses. He is however young and sometimes makes mistakes when he is under pressure. In FCN's champions league matches, he made some mistakes when facing really good attackers. Being only 20 i think that is only natural.

Chelsea made a bid for him this winter, but he declined as he want's 1st team football (despite Chelsea being his favored english club repordetly). He is definetely a guy for your starting eleven. With his aerial and physical strength he will quickly adapt to the Premier League. Give ham a month or two and allow for a a couple of mistakes and he will quickly become a valuable player. I would say that he is much better than Winston Reid (half-danish) was in the danish league, before joining West Ham some seasons ago.

Thanks for your info again mate.

Can he play on the left side of central defence by any chance?

Also, I think the German tour will really help these new lads get to know the tactics and new team mates.

Alot of people, all seemingly at once, claiming this is a done deal... on twitter. But theres quite a few, and its beginning to convince me.

Twitter is just one big echo chamber. I think this one might be a done deal but not because people are repeating each other on twitter. 

Samjp26: I am an AaB-fan, not FCN, so i actually don't know - have'nt noticed where he is playing. Coming to think of it, i think he played left CB in yesterdays national game when he got at the start of second half. Not his best performance, but i don't think that will be a problem for him. I just think he plays where the best attacker is in the opposition. As i said, he really have no problems on Superliga-level - besides a weaker CB playing next to him. Don't worry, he will learn in a few months, if you need him to play left CB :) i am confident

Martin Laursen have said in danish media, that he thinks Okore and Helenius are a perfect match for Villa. I think Okore will establish himself on your team within months, no later than january - if given a few chances in the starting eleven. Helenius is probably 1-2 years, depending on when he is given a good chance - he will probably have to build a bit more on, before he i starting-material - and maybe wait for Benteke to move on, as he have been playing recently :) 

• Like 1

Very exciting signing, probably more so than the link to Hellenius.

But it rings the same old bells as last season. We are not signing a player that is going to make us better instantly. People in the other thread were talking about good riddance to Bent since the new striker was coming in. Well, I beg to differ, with Hellnius in and Bent out we would be worse off next season. Sure we have Benteke, but we always have to plan for the worst-case scenario in terms of form and injuries. I very much doubt Hellenius would make a much bigger impression than let's say Bowery in the Prem 2013/14. Likewise, trade Bowery to the poor Danish league and he would score lots of goals.

I love it that we sign talented youth, but I also know that we are not going to become much better if we field the same team only with a few new faces like these two. Thinking long-term is very sound in terms of the financial aspect, but football is always about now and the next season, so I would hope that we also got a few more players with ability to make us better right now. Sure people can mention Benteke and hope that every signing is going to be as good as him, but frankly speaking that is naive. He is a one-off and 90% of all players in the same "unknown talent from abroad"-bracket would need much more time to settle in.

Not going to be too concerned though, I like that we are acting swiftly in the market :)

You seem quite concerned to me.

Well in terms of progressing into where I want us to be, then yeah. I am all for a marathon, not sprint etc... but if we get a hold of players like Benteke we know we are going to lose them long before that objective is reached and then we have to start over and over.

Â