Jores Okore

Jesperchr

just my thoughts on this but I think we will find that the transfers come in pretty quickly, this may be the hold up with Benteke as he wants the club to show ambition before he puts pen to paper and who can blame him. As for if we can keep these players then why not, who is to say we can not over achieve this year and challenge the top four, unlikely I know but if PL keeps bringing in good players then who can say we can't. There is not really any team in this division that should be feared, We should have beaten Man u last year with the team we had, obviously the new managers in place may improve them or it could make them worse, it will be an interesting year.

• Like 1

just my thoughts on this but I think we will find that the transfers come in pretty quickly, this may be the hold up with Benteke as he wants the club to show ambition before he puts pen to paper and who can blame him. As for if we can keep these players then why not, who is to say we can not over achieve this year and challenge the top four, unlikely I know but if PL keeps bringing in good players then who can say we can't. There is not really any team in this division that should be feared, We should have beaten Man u last year with the team we had, obviously the new managers in place may improve them or it could make them worse, it will be an interesting year.

To be a top 4 side you need to be pretty dominant on the pitch. It is that dominance that usually translates into comfortable and successive victories against the likes of Norwich, Fulham, West Ham, Sunderland, West Brom, etc.  Scrappy teams like Villa tend to lose as many points as they gain.

To be a top 4 side you need to be pretty dominant on the pitch. It is that dominance that usually translates into comfortable and successive victories against the likes of Norwich, Fulham, West Ham, Sunderland, West Brom, etc.  Scrappy teams like Villa tend to lose as many points as they gain.

Well .. If we lose points as we gain then we will gain 57 .. Not very far from a top 4 spot .. lol

Anyway I'll not say anything until we know if Benteke is certainly staying .. Then who will we get ..

Tbh with our current squad .. I think we could do a top 10 and possibly top 8 ..

If somehow we got Belhanda and Okore and a LB let's say Cresswell .. I will not write us out from the top 6 race .. And maybe more than that too .. ^_^

this may be the hold up with Benteke as he wants the club to show ambition before he puts pen to paper

When I hear players talking about a club 'showing ambition' I read 'pay me a shitload of money', not 'sign better players'.

• Like 2

this may be the hold up with Benteke as he wants the club to show ambition before he puts pen to paper

When I hear players talking about a club 'showing ambition' I read 'pay me a shitload of money', not 'sign better players'.

Players want to win things you know.

Well .. If we lose points as we gain then we will gain 57 .. Not very far from a top 4 spot .. lol

Anyway I'll not say anything until we know if Benteke is certainly staying .. Then who will we get ..

Tbh with our current squad .. I think we could do a top 10 and possibly top 8 ..

If somehow we got Belhanda and Okore and a LB let's say Cresswell .. I will not write us out from the top 6 race .. And maybe more than that too .. ^_^

Wow.

They must have some bloody great shisha out there in Saudi Arabia

Wow.

That's really unfair.

I mean, I know no-one wants to jinx it, and that's why we're being all circumspect and humble, but heck, right... I'm gonna go ahead and just say what everyone else is obviously thinking: if we get this guy I think we'll put together a surprise title challenge next season.

(puff. puff)

Whoah... my hands are huge. They can touch anything but themselves.... oh wait...

• Like 4

Wow.

I don't smoke anyway .. lol

But I didn't say anything strange ..

Top ten was only 5 points from us .. Top 8 about 8 points .. We were the worst team from a period and one of the worse from most of the season .. Yet we've win a couple of games .. and managed to stay up .. and not far from the 8th spot ..

Put in mind = Lambert first season + First season of most players + A lot of pressure being in the relegation battle the whole season + Lack of confidence which costed us alot especially at the back + Uncertain position in January with a lot of deadwood which we couldn't afford if the worse has happened and if we signed anyone it would be as Demba Ba with West Ham , Relegation clause + One of the strongest attacking sides at the end of the league !

Just dealing with these things .. could make us move up quicker .. 

What if we get real quality players as Belhanda and Okore ?

• Like 2

Wow.

That's really unfair.

I mean, I know no-one wants to jinx it, and that's why we're being all circumspect and humble, but heck, right... I'm gonna go ahead and just say what everyone else is obviously thinking: if we get this guy I think we'll put together a surprise title challenge next season.

(puff. puff)

Whoah... my hands are huge. They can touch anything but themselves.... oh wait...

It's not only this guy ..

For me , The most important thing is letting Benteke stays !

This could help Lambert a lot .. Especially for him to show our ambitions and improvements !

Looking around at available central defenders who may fit the bill,  now i dont know every player in world football,  but I doubt there would be many that tick as many boxes as this lad.

I hope it's finalised quickly

• Like 4

sod it I am going to be positive and have expectations for once as I am browned off with being negative, we will keep Benteke, we will finish top 4 David Moyes will be sacked, The Happy one will be the miserable one, Roll on August lets give em hell.

Now where did I put me beer.

Â