Jores Okore

Jesperchr

So are you really accusing a 22 year old lad of "losing his bottle" because he isn't quite mentally ready to return from a potentially career threatening injury yet? 

Or are you just posting for effect?

Posting for effect? What effect?

It's in the site guidelines. look it up.

Is Okore playing football week in week out for the U21's?

Not sure. Is he? What does this have to do with my question?

Has he been on the bench for the first team squad this year?

What does this have to do with my question?

Do you think he has lost his bottle?

I think either he's struggling to come back from his injury, or he's not good enough to be in the first team right now. I think, or maybe hope, it's the former.

Either way, no I don't think he's lost his bottle.

And I think accusing a young player of "losing his bottle" just because he hasn't fully recovered from a potentially career threatening injury is pretty disgusting to be honest. Which is why I asked if you really believe that, or if you were posting for effect?

Well what I was suggesting was that if he is playing any form competitive football then there is nothing wrong with his bottle?

I have had an ACL injury personally and it is not very quick process to recover from especially getting back to twisting and turning. Okore's trouble is on here that he got so hyped up by people that he was never going win.

Here's a new feature for you Stevo, word of the day! This weeks word is:-

Irony

New country, young lad, career threatening injury. 'Lost his bottle'

Absolutely staggering.

Thats the way I read your post? I don't understand why you find that staggering? I must have interrupted your meaning incorrectly, apologies?

I think the scenario with Okore is only frustrating becuase we are crap at the moment and Vlaar, Senderos and Baker can't seem to stay fit.

If our form were a little better then maybe people wouldn't be so desperate to see Okore fit and playing.

I do admit though some people did act like we had signed the next Laursen, which who knows we might have, but give the guy a chance.

He won't be getting game time even if Vlaar leaves. It'll be Senderos and Baker, with Clark as back up.

Mind you, I say this with nothing else except Lambert's decisions so far, and Okore's preseason games as my guide.

Probably, but yet again he was getting game time before his injury. Come Jan id expect him to be fully fit.

Yes he was, and rightly so. It seems something has happened after his injury though. I would really like to know what, just like everyone else.

He won't be getting game time even if Vlaar leaves. It'll be Senderos and Baker, with Clark as back up.

Mind you, I say this with nothing else except Lambert's decisions so far, and Okore's preseason games as my guide.

Probably, but yet again he was getting game time before his injury. Come Jan id expect him to be fully fit.

Yes he was, and rightly so. It seems something has happened after his injury though. I would really like to know what, just like everyone else.

How long did it take Fabian Delph to get up to speed after his cruciate? It was a nightmare, a succession of injury after injury.

Laursen, Owen, Essien,  how did their bodies hold up from being rushed back out onto the pitch for club and country?

Lambert is clearly protecting the player, I am frustrated myself not to see him, but I trust Lambert has Okore's best interests at heart and that Okore will play a part when he is ready.

How long did it take Fabian Delph to get up to speed after his cruciate? It was a nightmare, a succession of injury after injury.

Laursen, Owen, Essien,  how did their bodies hold up from being rushed back out onto the pitch for club and country?

Lambert is clearly protecting the player, I am frustrated myself not to see him, but I trust Lambert has Okore's best interests at heart and that Okore will play a part when he is ready.

Yes, but rather than just trust, I'd like to know (and I mean know) what's going on.

How did that happen? ^^

Â