Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

I may be being unusually optimistic, but there must be a reason why Lambert didn't unveil Tonev.

Perhaps he's not in the country. Perhaps he's in Morocco.

Or maybe I'm talking crap, like usual.

Another spin on it - Tonev's move isn't being finalised until early next week, so maybe Faulkner has headed over to Morocco, hence the delay?

The amount of sun cream he would need to apply it could delay it until January.

• Like 2

I doubt Faulkner would make it public where he would if it was to tie up a deal like this, all the news we are getting is from abroad. I would also assume he would/could put his holiday on standby if we were to be told Belhanda wants to join us.

Edited by samjp26

How can Faulkner be in Sardinia or Morocco when he was at Bodymoor today ?

Tonev put pen to paper on the contract alongside chief executive Paul Faulkner before his in-house media duties.

How can Faulkner be in Sardinia or Morocco when he was at Bodymoor today ?

Tonev put pen to paper on the contract alongside chief executive Paul Faulkner before his in-house media duties.

He put pen to paper at early in morning before Faulker flew in jet?

Faulkner doesn't need to be in Morocco to talk with Belhanda or his agent. The article just said "delegates".

Who they may be I don't know. Maybe Randy himself?

What about our own Jack Woodward? He was conspicuous by his absence in the Tonev interview.  :detect:

He must be in Sardinia, he told Hodgson he was at the awards dinner? Three weeks ago?

He told him he would be going on holiday around this time.

There is an agents convention where agents and club reps meet. I think it's in barca this year and it starts this weekend. I have a feeling that some deals will be done there for Villa.

On fenerbache, no he doesn't know anything. They can certainly attract the calibre of player there tho mainly because they pay the same as PL but without the levels of tax you have to pay here.

I have a good feeling that we are after Belhanda. Just a hunch. However I think our interest going public won't help us.

• Like 1

Some people need a reality check. If we wouldn't pay 7m for Coutinho, then why on earth would we pay 15m for Belhanda? 

So it has become £15m now? Some inflation.

• Like 1

Some people need a reality check. If we wouldn't pay 7m for Coutinho, then why on earth would we pay 15m for Belhanda? 

It's the summer window, not January, so we have a larger budget available.

Fenerbahce are currently without a manager so think its unlikely he will be going there, I'll state once again I will be shocked if Villa do complete the signing of Belhanda, would be as big as the Baros or Laursen signings.

Yep if a player did not come here, it is because we refused to pay their fee. No other reason transfers do not happen.....

• Like 1