Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

He did say he was after hungry players so having them over for lunch would be a good idea.

They should lunch at the Big Wok, eat til you explode Buffett. £8.99 per head or the £4.99 Bannan if youre under 5ft

• Like 1

Oii .. I think Belhanda closed his account ! Couldn't find it tbh ! Might be busy atm and don't want to read what's being wrote ?!

It wasn't his account, the Montpellier official account tweeted saying the Belhanda one was a fake

Just catching up on the transfer threads, is there a chance this could happen? The £15million quoted a few pages back seems a little out of our range

He won't Spoony, he was on the bench for Morocco last night and they have another WCQ game next Saturday.

So whatever twitter guff are saying Morocco won't be cool waving him off to the airport for him to have a jolly in brum for a couple of days while they train for their game.

That's if there's even a serious level of interest from us in him. This will be confirmed when an official bid is lodged with Montpellier.

He won't Spoony, he was on the bench for Morocco last night and they have another WCQ game next Saturday.

So whatever twitter guff are saying Morocco won't be cool waving him off to the airport for him to have a jolly in brum for a couple of days while they train for their game.

That's if there's even a serious level of interest from us in him. This will be confirmed when an official bid is lodged with Montpellier.

He was banned for the game last night but yes he is with the Morocco squad. However, if our guys are out there then I am pretty sure he would be able to fly to England on say Monday or Tuesday to finalise things and then fly back. Also, don't forget that Montpellier already confirmed an official bid and that he was free to speak to X Y Z teams now. They wouldn't allow him to speak to other clubs if they weren't satisfied/had accepted bids.

I hope it doesn't come back to bite me but I feel confident that we may pull something off here.

Depends who we will sell. Sign a few midfielders and a few will have to leave like Bannan, Holman and if Belhanda signs I reckon that would be the end for N'zogbia.

I liken this a bit to Southampton signing Gaston Ramirez for 12m last summer. He'd had a good season in Seria A, Liverpool and a few European clubs were interested but Southampton got him.

Would be exciting, a midfield playmaker would be great and this lad was rated as good as Hazard in the French league in 11/12.

I liken this a bit to Southampton signing Gaston Ramirez for 12m last summer. He'd had a good season in Seria A, Liverpool and a few European clubs were interested but Southampton got him.

Ramirez went to Southampton for the money IIRC. That was the main reason he chose them over anyone else and he said as much himself when he joined but I seriously doubt we'll be breaking the new wage structure this soon for Belhanda.

If he did I think he'd come here to develop as a player and put himself in the the shop window of the PL. It still doesn't seem particularly likely to me though.

I don't think we have the money.

Why is that ? 

12.5 + 3 (Tonev) + Let's say 4 (Okore) ..

That's 19.5 .. Which isn't bad at all ..

Another LB with 2-4 .. If we could snap Cresswell somehow with that !

A budget of 21.5 to 23.5 Isn't out of reach .. Is it ?!

Actually last two summers we were about 19-21 ..

Sell Bent with atleast 6 .. Ireland + Bannan = 2 .. If there were interest from Monaco to N'Zogbia then sell for 6 .. That's about 14m (Maybe I'm deluded somehow but we could easily get atleast 10 from them) .. And with comparing their wages .. Almost the net spend is nothing !

• Like 1

Ramirez went to Southampton for the money IIRC. That was the main reason he chose them over anyone else and he said as much himself when he joined but I seriously doubt we'll be breaking the new wage structure this soon for Belhanda.

If he did I think he'd come here to develop as a player and put himself in the the shop window of the PL. It still doesn't seem particularly likely to me though.

Just give him the wages N'Zogbia's taking .. And he'll be more than happy I reckon ! Maybe less than that too !

I think Belhanda is on less than £20k at the minute. Something like that anyway, I cannot see money being an issue.

I don't think money will be an issue in the sense that we can't pay him what the other teams will. It's more that it could be an issue in the way that we can't overpay him (like Soton did with Gaston) in such a way that we can attract him with money alone.

All I'm saying is if he comes to us (please Jebus) then it won't be for the same reason Gaston joined Southampton IMO.

If we could pull this signing off we really could be a force next year.

We wont be a force unless we sign three defenders. Bennett, Clark and Vlaar aren't cut out for the premier league and Baker is very raw.Going forward isnt the problem, we would have been relegated easily if it wasnt for Guzan.

If we could pull this signing off we really could be a force next year.

We wont be a force unless we sign three defenders. Bennett, Clark and Vlaar aren't cut out for the premier league and Baker is very raw.Going forward isnt the problem, we would have been relegated easily if it wasnt for Guzan.

While I agree with the first point, I'm hopeful that Bennett and Vlaar will be improved next season with the experience of this season behind them. Although we have to sign a more physical left back.

Baker likewise - he's surely a better option than Clark these days.

Regarding Belhanda, upon first hearing the rumours that we're in for a player worth at least 10-15 mil I couldn't believe it. Here's hoping we pull it off.