Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

Kooora are reporting that our representatives are in a hotel close to where he is staying with the International team, in Marrakech, to speak with his agent.

Kooora really is one of the biggest football websites in the middle-east, I would believe them over our local press in all seriousness. I look at this as a very positive bit of news, we just saw with Tonev how the Polish press were way ahead of our own.

Things could get very interesting.

Edited by samjp26

Well it would certainly appear as though we're definitely interested and we seem to be making a concerted effort to sign him, which is good. At least it seems as though we won't be left wondering or be beaten to the punch.

Even if we don't sign this player the fact that we are attempting to sign him is a statement in itself. It tells us that now all the dead wood is pretty much gone (barring Bent and Given) Lerner is willing to open his purse strings again, in a similar way to when he first came on board, but with the experience of his last disaster and with a more astute manager in Lambert.

It would appear we have weathered the storm and are now trying to be competitive once again. Happy days.

• Like 1

Italian press reporting Belhanda signed a 5 year deal with Fenebarche......... cant see it myself. Long contract for a small league.

Edited by KSV

Even if we don't sign this player the fact that we are attempting to sign him is a statement in itself. It tells us that now all the dead wood is pretty much gone (barring Bent and Given) Lerner is willing to open his purse strings again, in a similar way to when he first came on board, but with the experience of his last disaster and with a more astute manager in Lambert.

It would appear we have weathered the storm and are now trying to be competitive once again. Happy days.

Agreed, it's what the effort represents that is heartening - looks like we're making an effort to get back to the top again.

(still, signing him would be nice :) )

Italian press reporting Belhanda signed a 5 year deal with Fenebarche......... cant see it myself. Long contract for a small league.

Please no no no no.

Same deal with Benteke. After everything this lad has said about wanting to further his career, challenge himself at the highest level, there's no way on gods green earth he's going to Turkey.

Milan maybe, Aston Villa *possibly*... Fenerbahçe? Nah.

Is KEA there in Morrocco?

If he is, I hope he's telling Belhanda of the joys of The Bullring, Villa Park and the expressway that he is told is made of spaghetti.

Please no no no no.

If a player signs for Fenebarche then it shows a complete lack of desire to me and I'd rather they didn't sign for us. Nothing against Fenebarche, it's just the Turkish League over the Premier League? Doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1

I just saw the italian press article.. it says he agreed in principal a few months ago with Fene.. however they took a while to get it done and now other clubs have come in. They have a meeting with him on Monday.