Drugs

PussEKatt

Saw a girl I know at the shop yesterday begging people for money. She's a known heavy crack cocaine user and rumours are she's on heroin now. She looked terrible and had the shakes, she was also crying. I've known it for years, so put my arm around her and talked to her for 5 minutes. She needed £10 which was almost certainly for heroin. She's got 5 kids, her fella has left her and social are involved. I ended up getting the Wife to draw £10 out the bank for her. Not sure it's the right thing to do, but just felt sorry for her. 

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm all good mate. Life is better now.it's just nice to post in here now and again to remind myself. 

Don't forget, your mind is literally trying to trick you into collapsing and doing it again, because for the first time in a long time, it hasn't got it's own way, which is a huge credit to you. 

You're literally fighting your own existence, and I can't even begin to imagine that head ****. 

Keep going! You'll WIN sooner or later. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Don't forget, your mind is literally trying to trick you into collapsing and doing it again, because for the first time in a long time, it hasn't got it's own way, which is a huge credit to you. 

You're literally fighting your own existence, and I can't even begin to imagine that head ****. 

Keep going! You'll WIN sooner or later. 

You're right. I'm actually going against my brain, which can be pretty tough :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Argentinian officers fired after claiming mice ate half a ton of missing marijuana.

Eight police officers claimed mice ate the cannabis, but forensic experts explained that mice would not mistake the drug for food.

Grauniad

:D

• Haha 1

Just now, snowychap said:

Are those for people who have difficulty filling in forms?

For people who feel like they just don't fit in anywhere.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

I had caffeinated coffee today and shall have alcohol this evening.  Aren't drugs fun.

But in all seriousness, I do laugh at the way people exclude particularly alcohol when referring to 'drugs'.  I've sat in a bar with someone who was drinking whiskey, while talking about drug users being 'this' and 'that'.  How 'none of them can control themselves'.  How they can't stop once they start.  But how drink is different because, for example he can't go and get more once the bar closes (bullsh*t), or he can stop right now if he wanted to (but presumably didn't want to).  I just sat, agog at the hypocrisy, the cognitive dissonance, the air of superiority (I'm better than them), and the conviction that he talked with while fully acknowledging that he not only had no experience of the substances he was talking about, but never met any of the people he had just pigeon-holed.  Ah yes, that was an enlightening conversation.  Didn't go down brilliantly as I asked the pertinent questions that poked Swiss cheese holes in his bullshit mind you.

I often find drinkers are the worst kind of hypocritical druggies. 

It's easy for me to say I'm not attracted to drugs, but I love coffee and drink it every day and wind down at the weekend with a few beers at home. 

I hardly feel as if it's excessive because it isn't, but I wouldn't want to give either up.

Thing is, as much as substances are addictive, the physical addiction is only one part of the harmful effects of drugs. Under different circumstances, the guy who likes one too many whiskeys but believes he has it under control could quite easily lose control and become an alcoholic or an drug user. 

31 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

It's easy for me to say I'm not attracted to drugs, but I love coffee and drink it every day and wind down at the weekend with a few beers at home. 

I hardly feel as if it's excessive because it isn't, but I wouldn't want to give either up.

Thing is, as much as substances are addictive, the physical addiction is only one part of the harmful effects of drugs. Under different circumstances, the guy who likes one too many whiskeys but believes he has it under control could quite easily lose control and become an alcoholic or an drug user. 

Sorry, not being pedantic for the sake of it, but that last line.....

A guy who like too many whiskey's is a drug user. An alcoholic is a drug user. They aren't separate.

Alcohol is a drug and a ruinous one at that. 

The only difference is the law and people's uneducated perceptions. 

5 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Sorry, not being pedantic for the sake of it, but that last line.....

A guy who like too many whiskey's is a drug user. An alcoholic is a drug user. They aren't separate.

Alcohol is a drug and a ruinous one at that. 

The only difference is the law and people's uneducated perceptions. 

Perhaps I should have made the distinction. I understand that an alcoholic is a drug user, I meant to say illegal drug user (which comes with additional risk).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Perhaps I should have made the distinction. I understand that an alcoholic is a drug user, I meant to say illegal drug user (which comes with additional risk).

There’s little legal risk these days for the end user, confiscation and a fine for possession of amounts deemed to be for personal use is the norm

1 hour ago, bickster said:

There’s little legal risk these days for the end user, confiscation and a fine for possession of amounts deemed to be for personal use is the norm

I was more thinking about the unpredictable purity of the substances. 

45 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I was more thinking about the unpredictable purity of the substances. 

Same goes for some cheaper counterfeit alcohol and dodgy ciggies, the only illegal thing about them is a trademark violation and an avoidance of tax 

There is not really a need to risk buying counterfeit alcohol though but with illegal drugs you are essentially buying moonshine every time, with all the risks that involves. Hence why they should be legalised (albeit heavily regulated).  

• Like 1

Â