Drugs

PussEKatt

I've got very fond memories of ecstasy. An obvious danger, but what a feeling. Strength wise pills were great around 2000-2005, and we was paying between £5-£10. They rapidly went down hill and became shite. Going for as little as £2. I've not touched them for 10 years, but I have heard the strength has gone through the roof again. 

On 06/06/2018 at 19:05, Rugeley Villa said:

I've got very fond memories of ecstasy. An obvious danger, but what a feeling. Strength wise pills were great around 2000-2005, and we was paying between £5-£10. They rapidly went down hill and became shite. Going for as little as £2. I've not touched them for 10 years, but I have heard the strength has gone through the roof again. 

Only ever took 'e' twice and both times I was sold a dud! Never bothered again! 

I heard a story from a friend about someone who got the boot at work for admitting that they may have had illegal drugs in their system at work after a heavy night out. They resigned officially, but it means that they're unlikely to ever work into the sector they have dedicated their life to again. 

A consequence I think many people don't consider. 

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That's shit, or maybe it was blessing. I've had some great nights on it. 

I think a blessing! 

8 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I heard a story from a friend about someone who got the boot at work for admitting that they may have had illegal drugs in their system at work after a heavy night out. They resigned officially, but it means that they're unlikely to ever work into the sector they have dedicated their life to again. 

A consequence I think many people don't consider. 

In banking it used to be mandatory to have coke in your system! 

• Like 4

I may have mentioned this previously in this thread.

There are a couple of places I work that have drug testing, but they don't test on Mondays and Tuesdays unless they've advised everyone the week before. Y'know, fair's fair.

• Like 2

Drugs create a Hell, that only drugs can get you out of. What about that for a contradiction in terms ? If you've been there, you get it. If you haven't , you don't. 

Nothing  appalls me more than the disingenuous preaching about the ills of drug's. 

• Thanks 1

On 06/06/2018 at 19:05, Rugeley Villa said:

1989, I had my first E. No silly names to go with them, and a pony ( 25£ ) a tab, but worth every fecking penny. M.D.M.A, all the way. Best summer of my life. 

Apparently, back in the day, it was used for couple's with marriage difficulties. If it was anything like the stuff I was getting, I would imagine it worked a treat. The only time I got complimented on my driving was when I'd had an E, get on that ! Great times, indeed. 

• Like 2

On 06/06/2018 at 14:05, Rugeley Villa said:

I had some amazing times on MDMA. I wish I could feel like that every night without consequences. I feel like a controlled micro dose every day would do wonders for humanity.

34 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I had some amazing times on MDMA. I wish I could feel like that every night without consequences. I feel like a controlled micro dose every day would do wonders for humanity.

Had plenty of pills, and I've had MDMA in powder form a few times too. Me and my mate got 3 grams of it once and just sat in his house and did it. We still talk about that night, and probably always will. It's just one of those nights that will stay with me forever, it was brilliant. The great thing about pills/MDMA is that there is no paranoia, or edginess. Pure love and good times. People do die off it though, which is very sad. 

6 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Drugs create a Hell, that only drugs can get you out of. What about that for a contradiction in terms ? If you've been there, you get it. If you haven't , you don't. 

Nothing  appalls me more than the disingenuous preaching about the ills of drug's. 

Nail on the head, and I nearly posted in here last night. I had a bad night last night. Cravings were through the roof, and my general mood was just shit. I'm in the bath and I'm just lay there thinking why I feel so shit, and why I can't handle being normal, and just living normal. I know what I needed to take the misery away, and that was cocaine and alcohol. Just one sip, and just one snort would literally solve everything. I was angry, low, confused and my head was so cloudy. All that because I was living a normal night how you're supposed too. I struggle to live and be normal, and it seems life is easier using, or trying to get clean. Once you're clean it's like "well what now" , "is this it". Addicts will always struggle to live life on life's terms, and we always feel like we are missing something, or we just need this or that to make things better. It was a bad night, and I will have them now and again. I knew drugs would make me feel better, but I also knew the following morning it would put me straight back into a hell. It's a vicious circle. I couldn't bare to be up and around anyone any longer, so I went to bed at 7.30 and just tried to unwind with music. Waking up this morning I'm glad I never used, but who knows what today will bring. It's hard to appreciate what I fully have, and that makes me angry, and guilty. There are triggers everywhere. It's about living life on life's teens though. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Nail on the head, and I nearly posted in here last night. I had a bad night last night. Cravings were through the roof, and my general mood was just shit. I'm in the bath and I'm just lay there thinking why I feel so shit, and why I can't handle being normal, and just living normal. I know what I needed to take the misery away, and that was cocaine and alcohol. Just one sip, and just one snort would literally solve everything. I was angry, low, confused and my head was so cloudy. All that because I was living a normal night how you're supposed too. I struggle to live and be normal, and it seems life is easier using, or trying to get clean. Once you're clean it's like "well what now" , "is this it". Addicts will always struggle to live life on life's terms, and we always feel like we are missing something, or we just need this or that to make things better. It was a bad night, and I will have them now and again. I knew drugs would make me feel better, but I also knew the following morning it would put me straight back into a hell. It's a vicious circle. I couldn't bare to be up and around anyone any longer, so I went to bed at 7.30 and just tried to unwind with music. Waking up this morning I'm glad I never used, but who knows what today will bring. It's hard to appreciate what I fully have, and that makes me angry, and guilty. There are triggers everywhere. It's about living life on life's teens though. 

Hang in there man. Keep talking to all of us idiots on VT, there's usually someone around.

And of course, there's always the incredible well run and stable Villa to cheer you up..... oh wait, shit :D

Some of my best drug experiences were with MDMA, music festivals and club nights mostly and I also had a fantastic experience with mushrooms in a peaceful park in the sun with friends.

I've never liked coke personally (I've found it nasty and chemically and too short lived a high for what you pay for it) and I could usually take it or leave it with pot {though I wish it were legal, would make a nice alternative from having a beer/glass of wine every now and again).  

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The great thing about pills/MDMA is that there is no paranoia, or edginess. Pure love and good times. People do die off it though, which is very sad. 

Hell of a side-effect, that. 

• Haha 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Hell of a side-effect, that. 

Ha.

Ecstasy-related deaths have always received a substantial level of media coverage, and proportionately much more than many other drugs. One study of drug-related deaths in Scotland in the 1990s found that every single death where ecstasy was implicated was reported in the press, whereas deaths related to other drugs were much less likely to be reported, with only one in 50 diazepam-related deaths, and one in three amphetamine-related deaths covered by the media in the same period [1].

Drugwise

The public expect a heroin user to die. They expect an alcoholic to die. You spend five years on the street taking anything and everything, the public expect you to die. Hell, even unhappy women taking prescription shit all day every day are expected to kill themselves eventually.

Some pretty little thing that daddy says never used drugs, takes one first little pill (it's always the first one), well that child dies and that is newsworthy. It's also a morality tale. It's also got people that care that are grieving. The junky, that's 'other' and doesn't register so much unless its Christmas and cold. The pretty little thing taking a dancing loving pill for the first ever time to celebrate good exam results 'honest dad, it was the first one ever', well that could be your family.

So it sells rag newspapers. It's not anti e, it's the angle that sells.

• Like 2

The main problem with MDMA is that you don’t know if you are getting the equivalent of a bottle of light beer or a bottle of vodka in each pill. If the production was regulated and sold with information about safe use practice you would see far less people getting into problems (a number of deaths have actually been because people drink too much water when using and get water swelling on the brain) 

44 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The main problem with MDMA is that you don’t know if you are getting the equivalent of a bottle of light beer or a bottle of vodka in each pill. If the production was regulated and sold with information about safe use practice you would see far less people getting into problems (a number of deaths have actually been because people drink too much water when using and get water swelling on the brain) 

It's easier to tell the strength when in crystal form. 

• Like 1

Â